Från Wikitravel, den fria resehandboken.
Heyya Evan, I guess I would have to ask you about adminship :) --Alers 7 oktober 2004 kl.08.22 (EDT)
- Done! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with the software. --Evan 7 oktober 2004 kl.14.15 (EDT)
- No problem. Everything is working smoothly so far. Anyhow, can you please give any of us bureaucrat status, in order to be able to appoint sysops for ourselves in the future? --Alers 8 oktober 2004 kl.02.18 (EDT)
- I have identified one problem, the search box doesn't work. When searching, you get the reply For query "", as if you didn't write anything in the search box. --Alers 8 oktober 2004 kl.08.13 (EDT)
Hello there! I'm Lamré, sysop at Swedish Wikipedia. May I be a sysop here also? Lamré 7 oktober 2004 kl.22.21 (EDT)
- Hi, Lamré! It's not up to me to decide who's a sysop and who's not. Alers is the go-between for the Swedish Wikitravel and the rest of the Wikitravel community (see en:Wikitravel:Language version policy for what this means), and if he asks me to make you a sysop, I'll do that. I'd be really concerned, though, if there hadn't been some kind of nomination/election process on this site. I also want to add that Wikitravel is not Wikipedia -- we have a different culture and different ways of doing things. Not that different, but different enough. For example: we hardly ever delete stuff without a v.f.d. vote, we've had zero user bans after one year, and we haven't ever protected a page. We have very few admins and those that we do have rarely flex their muscles. Anyways: it'd be great to see what happens with Swedish Wikitravel over the next "crucial" month before adding a lot of admins. I think having one admin out of 10 or so users is probably enough for now. --Evan 8 oktober 2004 kl.14.50 (EDT)
Evan, I need to ask you to change time zone to the Swedish Wikitravel, from EDT to GMT +1 (Western European Time). Can this be done? --Alers 10 oktober 2004 kl.05.46 (EDT)
- I believe it's done. The default timezone for all users is now GMT+1. Logged-in users who signed up before... uh... a couple of minutes ago may have their times off by a few hours -- they should go to Special:Preferences and hit the "Fill in from browser" button for the time zone. The Apache server's time is still Eastern Canada time, and I'm not really able to change that. So low-level HTTP stuff will still show that timezone. Also, since all the other Wikitravel's are on it, it wouldn't make sense. Let me know if this is OK. --Evan 10 oktober 2004 kl.13.52 (EDT)
Categorizing doesn't seem to work, see for example Stockholm. We want it to belong to category Sweden (by using Kategori:Sverige. I tried using Category:Sverige, it didn't work either. Known bug? --Alers 10 oktober 2004 kl.19.02 (GMT) <-- in the signature, it says GMT, but when I wrote this, the time was 22:02 in Stockholm, not 19:02, despite having set the time zone in preferences.