The goal of this script is to add latitude and longitude information to all listings tags on Wikitravel. This script will perform the following functions:
- Parse articles looking for Do, Buy, Eat, Drink, and Sleep listings tags.
- If the lat/long fields are empty but address is not, lookup the address against several lat long lookup services (google maps API, yahoo maps API)
- If lat/long is found, place resulting data into the corresponding fields in the listing and save. Ibkevin 13:26, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
- I would definitely support this. Jpatokal 23:44, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
- We see travel guides rapidly increasing their geo data. This seems an important upgrade for Wikitravel. IB will handle the development work. We just want to make sure all in the community have the opportunity to help guide the direction on this. Redondo 19:38, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- This would be great. --Peter Talk 16:45, 25 March 2008 (EDT)