l'Ohio  è uno stato americano posto nella regione del "Midwest.
Il territorio dello stato è diviso in 88 contee, raggruppabili, grosso modo nelle seguenti regioni:
- Mid-Ohio - una terra piatta a vocazione agricola posta intorno Columbus, capitale amministrativa dell'Ohio.
- Nord Est (Ohio) (NEO), la regione della "Grande Cleveland" - rolling wooded foothills from the Allegheny Mountain range subside as they approach Lake Erie (definition of NEO includes 13 counties and 4.5 million people).
- Northwest Ohio - flat agricultural land surrounding Toledo and stretching into Indiana to the west and Michigan to the north.
- Southeast Ohio - very hilly, coal-mining country in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, rolling into Pennsylvania and West Virginia and including the Wayne National Forest.
- Southwest Ohio - hilly areas approaching the Ohio River, surrounding Cincinnati and rolling into Kentucky.
- Cincinnati - regional hub of 2 million residents, the "Queen City" is home to the Bengals and Reds
- Cleveland - regional hub of 3 million residents, the "Rock and Roll Capital of the World" and home to one of the five richest collections of arts and culture institutions in the US
- Columbus - the State capital and regional hub of 1.6 million residents
Aerospace & Aviation
Campi di battaglia e monumenti
Underground Railroad Sites
U.S. Presidential Libraries and Monuments
Hall of Fame and Museum Tour
Lake Erie Tour Route and Lighthouses
Universities and College Towns
- Located north of Sandusky (between Cleveland and Toledo), a group of picturesque and festive islands in Lake Erie are accessible via ferry. In addition to several Ohio State Parks] located on the islands, there is plenty to do including wineries, restaurants, bars, marinas and beaches.
- Along the southern shore of Lake Erie are a large number of public beaches. The largest natural sand beach in Ohio, Headlands Beach State Park, is located east of Cleveland, in Mentor. Cleveland Lakefront State Park also includes a large beach at its Edgewater Park, just west of downtown Cleveland. Many other beaches are available throughout Northern Ohio, including Huntington Beach, Euclid Beach and Fairport Harbor.
- Lake Erie Circle Tour. Once you've had enough of the amusement parks and fishing venues, just follow the shoreline via the Lake Erie Circle Tour. The drive (or boat ride) takes you through the Working Waterfronts around Buffalo NY, Cleveland OH, Detroit MI, Erie PA, Toledo, OH, and southern Ontario is intermingled with beautiful preservations of flora and fauna as well as the history of North America's first westward expansion, the Old Northwest Territory.
Park Systems and Lodging