Chau Doc is best-known to travelers as a border crossing with Cambodia.
- Hang Chau II Hotel, 10 Nguyen Van Thoai, ☎ 76.868891, 91.3970831 ([email protected], fax: 76.865.140). Good budget option, within walking distance from the market and the river. It's a bit impersonal, with a lack of decorative touches throughout the building, but it also has a stately 1960's ambiance, and the rooms are big. Parking is available. It's a popular destination for tour groups, so check in early. Rooms with hot water and a/c cost about US$8. edit
- Thuan Loi Hotel, 18 Tran Hung Dao St.. Has the best location out of the budget hotels, right on the river, but it's also a tour-group stop. Rooms have hot water and a/c. edit
- Trung Nguyen, 86 Bach Dang. Great staff. Rooms are small but very clean, with hot water, a/c, and television, and cost about $10.. edit
- Vinh Phuoc Hotel, 12-14 Quang Trung, ☎ 866242, 562265. A great budget deal, this place is run by an amiable Brit who is an excellent source of local travel information. The rooms cost between US$4 - 12. edit
- Victoria Chau Doc Hotel, 32 Le Loi, ☎ 76.865010 (fax: 76.865020), . A luxury hotel where you'd least expect to find one, with no amenity left behind. Features 92 rooms, 4 suites, and total incongruity with its surroundings. Transfers to Phnom Penh via private speedboat are available. Rooms from $99-$155, river view suites from $144-$220. edit