Youngstown is a mid-sized city in Northeast Ohio and is the County Seat of Mahoning County.
- Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport, YNG. The airport is a conveniently located off Routes 11 and 82 in Vienna, OH. However , there are only occasional flights to Florida from this airport . Its an hour away from Akron-Cleveland and Pittsburgh; with Pittsburgh being the better airport , with regular flights to many USA & international destinations .
Youngstown is served by the following interstate highways:
- I-76 serving Akron and Youngstown and connecting to beyond Pennsylvania to the east.
- I-80 is the Ohio Turnpike (a toll road) that runs across the northern part of the state, serving Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown (where I-80 and I-76 criss cross).
I-680 provides access to downtown areas and outer suburbs
WRTA provides the inner city and suburbs with bus transportation. There is also a taxi station next door to the Greyhound / WRTA station in West Federal Street. The nearest hotels & motels are in Niles , Boardman & Austintown .
- Butler Institute of American Art, . 11 AM to 4 PM Mon. to Sat., 12 PM to 4 PM on Sun. First museum of American Art.
- Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor, . Museum chronicling the rise and fall of steel in Youngstown
- Arms Family Museum of Local History, 648 Wick Avenue, ☎ +1 330 743-2589, . $4.
- Stambaugh Auditorium. Former home of The Youngstown Symphony.
- Covelli Centre. Home of the Steelhounds, Thunder, and site of many major concerts
- Powers Auditorium. Built in 1931 by the Warner Brothers. Home to The Youngstown Symphony.
- Youngstown Playhouse. America's Oldest ongoing community theater
- Oakland Center for the Arts. Great local theater productions
- Mill Creek Metroparks. Located in the heart of Youngstown, OH. Mill Creek Park encompasses approximately 2,600 acres, 20 miles of drives, and 15 miles of foot trails, and a rare collection of gardens, streams, lakes, woodlands, meadows and wildlife for all to enjoy. Visitors will find a wide range of recreational opportunities such as hiking, biking, picnicking, boating, Par-3, or championship golf, tennis, sand volleyball and more. Many of the facilities can be found at the James L. Wick, Jr. Recreation Area. Universally accessible trails, fishing pier, playground and picnic areas are located throughout the Park. Cabins and pavilions for group events are available for rental year-round. Mill Creek Park is the largest metropolitan park in the country, more than three times larger than Central Park in New York City!
- Southern Park Mall. Boardman
- Eastwood Mall. Located in Niles
- Anthony's On The River. Downtown
- Avalon Gardens. Best pizza in Youngstown!!
- Cafe Cimmento. Great Italian food. In the Downtown
- Rosetta Stone Cafe. Great new restaurant in the Downtown
- Handel's Ice Cream. Voted one of America's best ice cream parlors
- Fifth Season
- Springfield Grille
- Bean Counter Cafe in Downtown
- Golden Dawn
- university pizza. great food, specials everday but sun, best beer selection in town
- The Lemon Grove Cafe, 122 Federal Plaza West, ☎ (330) 744-7683, . M-F 7am-4am S&S 11am-4am. Eclectic, Bohemian Cafe/Bar/Entertainment $5-$10.
- B & O Boxcar Lounge. Great beer selection. Located next to B & O Station
- Martini's Downtown. Located in City Centre One. Also has full kitchen menu.
- Downtown Draught House. Tons of beer selections. West Federal Plaza - Downtown
- The Cell. Nightclub near YSU
- Imbibe Martini Bar, in the Downtown.
- Irish Bob's, South Ave.
- Micky's, Market St. in the Uptown.
- Shenanigans, Market St. in the Uptown.
- University Pizzeria and Italian Eatery, Lincoln Ave. (Youngstown State University campus)
- Cedars Lounge, The best original music hangout in town (Downtown).
- The Rosetta Stone, Gourmet Food, Daily Menu, excellent Lunch Menu (Downtown).
- Rust Belt Brewery, 530 Mahoning Avenue Suite A, ☎ (330) 423-3818, . T-F 2pm-7pm Sat 12pm-5pm. Great little brewery with growler hours and very good beer. $$.
- Best Western Meander Inn, 870 N Canfield Niles Road, ☎ +1 330 544-2378 (fax: +1 330 544-7926), .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, 801 North Canfield Niles Road, ☎ +1 330 505-2173 (fax: +1 330 505-3629), .
- MOTEL 6 YOUNGSTOWN, 4249 Belmont Avenue (I-80 @ Exit 229), ☎ 330.759.4092, . checkin: anytime. BRAND NEW AND COMPLETELY RENOVATED (Opened August 2010) we are Ohio's NEWEST MOTEL 6 - built to it's Award Winning Design and Sustainability Standards. We are pleased to offer 82 BRAND NEW ROOMS with 1 king sized, or 2 full-sized beds, contemporary and modern furnishings and all the conveniences that make us the perfect home-away-from home! Conveniently located on Interstate 80 at Exit 229/Belmont Avenue the Motel 6 is just minutes from the regions best dining and entertainment, public parks, museums attractions and shopping. • Kids under 17 Stay Free in room with paying adult • Pets Welcome (View Policy) • Free Color Cable TV with HBO & ESPN • Free Local Phone Calls (Long Distance Calls @ Posted Rates) • Free Morning Coffee and Tea • FREE HIGH-SPEED Internet The Motel 6 in Youngstown is pleased to be 100% SMOKE FREE. If it is evident that smoking occured in your hotel room during your stay, a $250.00 Room Recovery Fee will be charged to restore the room to its' original NON-SMOKING environment. Smoking is permitted outdoors only. The “Phoenix” design features wood-effect flooring, ambient lighting, settee area for two, and a 32-inch flat-screen TV. The entertainment unit which houses the TV conceals the door-less wardrobe behind it, combining two needs into one unit. The entertainment unit features a multi-media panel with A/V plug-ins for mp3 players, video game systems and laptop computers. The settee area, situated in the corner of the room, was designed to encourage and allow for interaction between guests, whether during meals, discussions or games. The modern bathroom features double doors, black granite counter top with a vessel/raised sink, a walk-in shower and a large vanity area. The pedestal bed allows for storage of luggage under the bed and allows for easy cleaning access and visibility. FROM $39.99.
- The Youngstown Region was ranked #4 in the country for golf by Golf Digest.
- Mill Creek Golf Course - West Golf Drive - Youngstown
- Pine Lakes Golf Club - 6233 Liberty Street - Hubbard
- Reserve Run Golf Course - 625 E. Western Reserve Rd. - Youngstown
- Kennsington Golf Club - 4171 Westford Place - Youngstown
|Routes through Youngstown
| Ends at (W/E) ←
|| N S
|| → Ends at (W/E)