Formerly separate islands, Yeongjong and Yongyu have been joined together by Incheon's international airport, built between them on reclaimed land. Most visitors head straight from the airport to the city, but the beaches and seafood restaurants here are an interesting way to spend a layover or escape Seoul for a day.
Futuristic Incheon International Airport (인천국제공항) (IATA: ICN)  is South Korea's largest airport and the country's main international gateway. Split into two sections, Korean Air and Asiana use the main Terminal building (gates 1-50), while all other airlines use the Concourse satellite (gates 101-132). The two are connected with the free Starline shuttle system.
The airport is well signposted and caters to all your traveler needs, and even includes a small mall. It's spread out over five floors:
- 4F: Viewing lounge, upscale restaurants, food court
- 3F: Departures/Transit level, tax-free shopping, fast food
- 2F: Business center
- 1F: Arrival level, tourist information, buses and taxis
- B1F: Starline shuttle (transit side)
"Spa on Air" sauna (24h, overnight stay from 10,000 won), cafeteria, hospital (landside)
There are many global ATMs and currency exchanges throughout the terminal. Free Internet access is available in the transit zone. The airport is open 24 hours, although most shops are closed around 9PM-7AM.
If you're connecting through ICN to another destination on Korean/Asiana and have over 6 hours to spare, you may be entitled to a free transit tour or hotel — ask at the transit desk. Transit hotels near the airport are listed later in this article under #Sleep.
See Seoul#By plane and Incheon#By plane for details on travel between the airport and Seoul or Incheon city. To connect to Gimpo airport, take the AREX  express train (33 min, 3200 won, every 10 min).
For travel around the island, buses 223 and 203 connect the airport directly to Airport Town, and there are limited services to Yeongjong Wharf and the west coast beaches. As distances are short, taxis are also a viable option.
A local bus (Line 301, Kang-in, ) trundles from Seoul's Yeongdeungpo Station (Line 1) through Gimpo and Incheon Airports to Muuido and Eulwang Beach. At only W5700 this is the cheapest option, but the trip takes one hour and thirty minutes. You can ride this buses at Dangsan station (Line 2), Balsan station(Line 5), Songjeong station(Line 5). There is another bus line from Dong-incheon station (Line 306, Kang-in, W4100) in incheon. Directions from Yeongdungpo Station: Walk out of exit 3 and down the escalators. You will see a street straight ahead that runs perpendicular to the road that the station is on. Walk down that street (same side as Holly's Coffee) about 2 minutes and you will see a bus stop and you can catch the 301 (a red bus) there.
The most scenic option is to take a car ferry from Wolmido in Incheon to Yeongjong Pier at the southeast corner of the island. Ferries run every 20-30 minutes from 7 AM to 9:30 PM, the trip takes 15 minutes and costs just W1500.
There are also direct high-speed and regular ferries directly from Muuido to Incheon's Yeon-an Pier, but they only run three times a day (8 AM, 10:30 AM and 5 PM).
The 300-meter Yeongjong Grand Bridge links the island to the mainland.
Bus 202 runs around the south and west coasts of the island hourly, connecting most points of interest including Yeongjong Pier, Jamjindo and the beaches (W1200, hourly).
The primary attractions for most visitors are the beaches. Watch out for tides: at low tide, the waters pull back to reveal vast mud flats.
- Eulwangni Beach, West coast. Also spelled Ulwangli, this is most popular of the island's beaches, as the water doesn't recede as much here. Motels, restaurants, karaoke rooms and all you need for a Korean-style beach experience. There are fireworks at night on weekends.
To get a little further off the beaten track, head to Jamjindo (take bus 222, which leaves roughly ever half hour from Incheon Airport and is W1000) at the southwest corner of the island and take a ferry (W2000 round trip, roughly every 15 minutes) across to Muuido. Here you will find a fishing village, some cheap seafood restaurants, the quiet Hanagae Beach and the swimming pool-equipped Keunmuri Resort (W1000-2000, open Jun-Sep only).
Silmi island is accessible from Muuido at low tide. It is an uninhabited island with a number of small beaches.
Regrettably, the Haesoopia (해수피아 Haesupia) saltwater spa  seems to have permanently closed in 2008.
Seafood is the thing to eat here. You can buy your own at the Yeongjong Pier market and have it cooked up in any of the restaurants nearby.
Airport Town Square has a series of hotels aimed squarely at overnighting travellers. Many offer free pick-up.
- Viraj M Pai, Incheon Airport (10 mins from Airport), ☎ +821099206748, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1200. Please write at [email protected] or call Mr. Viraj M Pai on ++ 82 10 9920 6748 for any bookings around Incheon (Seoul) Airport or Gimpo airport, Seoul City, Suwon City, etc. (37.469075,126.450517)
Please write to Viraj M Pai at [email protected] for all type of FIT, Group accommodations around Incheon (Seoul) International Airport (10 mins from Airport), ☎ +821099206748. checkin: 1400; checkout: 1200. Please write at [email protected] or call Mr. Viraj M Pai on ++ 82 10 9920 6748 for any bookings around Incheon (Seoul) Airport or for any other Cities in South Korea.
- Incheon Airport Hotel June, ☎ +82-32-746-4417 ([email protected], fax: +82-32-752-3239), . checkin: 1400; checkout: Noon. 48 rooms,In room Computer, Free Wifi, 48" plasma TV. Western-style restaurant, steam sauna, free airport transfers. Double W100000.
- Hotel Airpark (에어파크 호텔), ☎ +82-32-752-2266, . Comfortable transit hotel with large but near-windowless rooms. Every room has free Internet and a vending machine dishing out anything from grilled squid to glow-in-the-dark condoms. Transfers to airport provided, steer clear of the horrible restaurant downstairs. Double W80000.
- Hyatt Regency Incheon, 2850-1 Woonseo-dong, Jung-gu (two minutes from Incheon International Airport), ☎ +82 32 745 1234 ([email protected]), . Large, standard-issue 5 star hotel featuring state of the art meeting facilities. The hotel also has a spa, gym and a 25 metre indoor pool. King W160,000.