Yas Island is located just off the coast about 20km from Abu Dhabi city center. It has a land area of 2,500 hectares. The island should not be confused with Sir Bani Yas Island.
The island is where the Yas Island Circuit, the host of the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since 2009, is located. Currently a massive construction site, the island will also be home to several theme park-based attractions such as Warner Bros Movie World, a movie theme park by Warner Bros; the Ferrari theme park Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, and a water park. It also has a marina.
Yas Island is best reached by road. It is linked to the mainland by a massive expressway and bridge which connects directly to the Abu Dhabi-Dubai Highway. Highways and bridges also link Yas Island directly to Abu Dhabi city via Saadiyat Island.
Yas Island is quite big and its attractions are spread out. The fastest way to get around is by private vehicle or taxi. The roads around Yas Island are wide and good. However, public shuttles (Yas Express) are offered that run regularly, but take their time. Two lines (blue and red line) go frequently, the third one (Saadiyat) app. every 2 hours.
- Yas Marina Circuit: Home of the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which held its first race in 2009. The circuit was designed by Hermann Tilke and is the second Formula One track in the Middle East, with the first in Bahrain. It is said to be the Arabian version of Monaco with twenty-one corners twists passing by the marina and encircling the Yas Marina Hotel. The circuit has four grandstand areas - Main Grandstand, West Grandstand, North Grandstand and South Grandstand - and part of its pit lane exit runs underneath the track. It also houses a team building behind the pit building, Media Center, Dragster Track, VIP Tower, Ferrari Building.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: The first theme park designed around the Ferrari brand, which opened November 4, 2010, is featured as one of the main attractions on Yas Island. It features a racetrack, theater complex, miscellaneous driving activities, and three thrill rides. The distinct red roof with the Ferrari logo is ready and can be seen from miles away, as well as from planes landing at or taking off from the Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- Yas Waterwrold: For details see https://yaswaterworld.com/
- Yas Marina: Bars and restaurants, also open till late.
- Yas Links: Abu Dhabi Golf Course. For details see https://www.yaslinks.com/
Amerigos Mexican Bar & Restaurant (Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island), P.O.Box 93725 (Golf Plaza, Yas Island), ☎ +971 02-656 22 22, . A great mexican restaurant serving excellent food, beautifull terrace for al fresco dining. Average per person Dhs. 120.
Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island (Park Inn Abu Dhabi Yas Island), P.O.Box 93725 (Golf Plaza, Yas Island), ☎ +971 02-656 22 22, . A great new hotel in Yas Island. Clean rooms, excellent service and nice and friendly staff. The restaurant is a great option for dinner. Dhs. 550.