Xiangfan (襄樊; Xiāngfán) is a city in Hubei Province. It is comprised of two halves, Xiangyang (on the north side of the Han River) and Fancheng (on the south side of the river).
Linked to the Chinese train network.
Linked to the Chinese bus network.
- Ancient city wall. The ancient city wall is mostly still standing, and it is possible to walk along the top of it. Great views of the Han River from the top of the northern part of the wall. edit
- Zheng Wu Shan Temple (真武山). A small but active Daoist temple run mainly by Daoist nuns. edit
- Tang City. A complete replica city from the Tang Dynasty built as a film location. Shows what a Tang Dynasty town/city would have looked like and is full buildings and streets gardens lakes etc. Well worth a visit. edit
- Deer See, 2 Zhongyuan Rd (Next to the Vienna Hotel). The name makes no sense, but this is a coffee house, Chinese style. It looks like nothing from the outside, but inside is opulent and they have an extensive menu, in English. edit
- Zhen Wu Hotel (真武大酒店), 27 Xiangchen Street East, ☎ +86 710 3530888 (fax: +86 710 3518977). Free internet in rooms (with Ethernet cable). Has a good Chinese-style breakfast buffet. edit
- XiangFan City Celebrity Hotel (Xiangfan Chengshi Mingren Jiudian) (襄阳城市名人酒店), Kaifang Plaza, 1 Jiefang Road (Jiefang Lu) Xiangyang, . is located at the intersection of Jiefang Road and Paopu Street. Broadband internet access is guaranteed in all rooms. Singing to a wide collection of songs in KTV rooms, dancing to the beat in the Dream Auditorium or just a dipping in the indoor heated infinity pool are among guests' recreational choices. edit
- Vienna Hotel, 2 Zhongyuan Rd (Cross road from railway station, go up two blocks), ☎ +86 710 301 8888. checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Free internet, free breakfast (quite limited choices) but very comfortable and well-equipped rooms. $~50. edit
- Wudang Mountain (武当山) - a famous Daoist mountain renown for its martial arts. It can be a day trip out of Xiangfan (2 hour bus each way), but there are also places to stay on the mountain both for tourists and longer-term guests. Wudang Shan is particularly famous for its Taiqi Quan and offers many multi-week classes (register in advance) open to Chinese and foreigners alike.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|