Winter Park, Colorado, has many pasttimes for both Summer and Winter visitors. There are several places that close during the spring and fall, however.
- Winter Park Resort, 239 Winter Park Drive, 303-892-0961, . Ski Resort.
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort. Hot Sulpher Springs is about 45 minutes north of Winter Park. They have a fantastic set of hot springs pools, fun in both the winter and summer. They also have lodging here, but there's a level traing crossing and 3 to 4 trains come through in the middle of the night blowing their whistles within half a mile of the rooms.
- Basecamp Bakery, fantastic breakfast and lunches. (Local, $7 per person)
- Hernando's, Pizza and Pasta. One of our favorites. (Local, $7 per person)
- The Shed, unique southwest inspired food, very good stuff though usually very busy. (Local, $12 per person)
- Mad Munchies (30 miles north in Grandby), fantastic sandwiches. We always have a meal here when in Winter Park. (Local, $6 per person)
- Pizza Shop in Frasier. Good pizza and Italian food, but I don't recall the name. (Local, $6 per person)
- De Antonio's, Pizza and Pasta (2 miles north in Frazier). In the Alco strip-mall, across the street from Safeway. One of the best pizza by the slice I've had. Other stuff I've had is so-so. (Local, $7 per person)
- Guido Chang's, a weird fusion of Italian pasta and rice bowls. I had the sweet chili bowl, which was fairly good, my SO had the green curry rice bowl which was only passable. The salads were really nice, though. (Local, $12 per person)
- The Kitchen, breakfast in downtown Winter Park. It's fairly small, and almost always seems to have a wait. This seems mostly to be due to slow table turnover, and a small dining-room, though. They're fairly heavy on attitude, and the sign out front says "Hours Iffy", for example the day we ate there it was closed before 11am. The food was good, though. (Local, $8 per person)
- About 10 miles north of Frasier is a golf resort that has many very nice condos as well as hotel rooms, for around $140 per night. The condos all seem to have hot tubs in them. No CDMA coverage though.
- Vacations Inc, . Condo and home rental listing service.
Winter Park has great Sprint CDMA coverage. This coverage extends north to Frasier, but not much further. The Hostel has dial-in on a public terminal.
- Rocky Mountain Roastery and Coffee Company, with branches in both Frazier and Winter Park, have just recently (2004-08) added pay-per-use Wireless Internet connectivity.
- Winter Park Ski Broker - Some of the most inexpensive ski & board rentals in town. You can use their site to reserve skis or call (800) 544-2431