Winter Park, Colorado, is a ski resort in the Front Range. It has many pastimes for both summer and winter visitors. There are several places that close during the spring and fall, however.
Winter Park is a little over 65 miles from Denver, and is one of the closest ski resorts from Denver. The route is I-70 West most of the way, with the remainder on U.S. Route 40 West, which goes over Berthoud Pass. Be sure to check  for current conditions on Berthoud Pass, as it's common for it to be snowing (sometimes heavily) on the pass with no snow in Denver or on the way up I-70.
There are shuttles to Winter Park from Denver International Airport, and the town has an adequate free shuttle between Winter Park Resort, the town of Winter Park, and the town of Fraser.
The Ski Train is a great way to get to Winter Park.  There are winter and summer train schedules from Denver's Union Station direct to Winter Park.
- Winter Park Resort, 239 Winter Park Drive, 303-892-0961, . Ski Resort. Check out the Alpine Slide in the Summer!
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort. Hot Sulpher Springs is about 45 minutes north of Winter Park. They have a fantastic set of hot springs pools, fun in both the winter and summer. They also have lodging here, but there's a level train crossing and 3 to 4 trains come through in the middle of the night blowing their whistles within half a mile of the rooms.
- Grand Adventures, Snowmobiling, Sleigh Rides, ATV Rentals, and Horseback Riding. Physical Address: 81699 US Highway 40, Winter Park, CO 80482. Mailing Address: P.O Box 1329, Winter Park, CO 80482. Toll Free:(800)726-9247  Email: [email protected]
- Pole Creek Golf Course. 27 holes of Colorado Mountain Golf on 3 distinct courses - The Meadow, The Ranch and The Ridge. Course is at 8,600 feet, and plays to 7,107 yards from the back tees. Voted Best New Public Course in North America in 1985. 970-887-9195. Located at 6827 County rd 51, Tabernash, Colorado 80478. .
- Basecamp Bakery, fantastic breakfast and lunches. (Local, $7 per person)
- Hernando's, Pizza and Pasta. (Local, $7 per person)
- Mad Munchies (30 miles north in Grandby), fantastic sandwiches. (Local, $6 per person)
- Pizza Shop in Frasier. Good pizza and Italian food. (Local, $6 per person)
- De Antonio's, Pizza and Pasta (2 miles north in Frazier). In the Alco strip-mall, across the street from Safeway. Some of the best pizza by the slice in the area. (Local, $7 per person)
- Guido Chang's, a weird fusion of Italian pasta and rice bowls. The sweet chili bowl is fairly good, although the green curry rice bowl is passable. The salads are really nice. (Local, $12 per person)
- The Kitchen, breakfast in downtown Winter Park. It's fairly small, and almost always seems to have a wait. This seems mostly to be due to slow table turnover and a small dining-room. They're fairly heavy on attitude, and the sign out front says "Hours Iffy". Good food. (Local, $8 per person)
- Fontenot's Seafood Restaurant, 78336 US Hwy 40, ☎ 970-726-4021, . This restaurant has been around since 1990 and is favored by the locals. Seafood is their specialty with or without a Cajun slant, but they also serve steaks, chicken, and pasta. A great selection of wines by the glass as well as some micro brews. Lunch is great value and they also have great happy hour deals on appetizers. Located in King’s Crossing Shopping Center, downtown Winter Park.
- Hernando's Pizza Pub, 78199 Us Hwy 40,(970) 726-5409
Good variety of pizza and beer.
- Alpine Resort Properties, ☎ 970.726.5701, . Is an all-season Winter Park accommodation specialist, which includes our surrounding towns of Fraser, Tabernash and SolVista/Granby Ranch.
- Iron Horse Resort, 101 Iron Horse Way, 800-621-8190, . Ski-In/Ski-Out, Full-Service resort offering condominiums in hotel style atmosphere.
- Moose Mountain Inn, Tel: (970) 726-8255, Toll Free: 888-999-1616, . Moose Mountain Inn offers luxurious lodging in Winter Park, Colorado.
- Best Western Alpenglo Lodge, 78665 US Highway 40, +1 970 726-8088, Toll-free: +1 888 726-8088, Fax: +1 970 726-0331, .
- Winter Park Real Estate, . Coyote Creek mountain homes and real estate.
- The Rocky Mountain Inn and Hostel, Frasier, . Very cheap rooms and communal rooms. Has a computer with dial-up net access, but also has very good CDMA coverage.
- About 10 miles north of Frasier is a golf resort that has many very nice condos as well as hotel rooms, for around $140 per night. The condos all seem to have hot tubs in them. No CDMA coverage though.
- Winter Park Lodging by Owner (WPLBO), 78260 US Highway 40 (Winter Park, CO), ☎ 877.329.1383, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Reserve Winter Park lodging accommodations. Winter Park Lodging By Owner provides new, clean condominiums, cabins & town homes in Winter Park, CO plus lift ticket and ski rental deals. $175.
- Vacations Inc, 78415 US Highway 40, ☎ (970)726-9421, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Vacations Inc is the longest established rental management company in Winter Park. Has studios, condos, town houses, cabins and private homes throughout the Winter Park & Fraser Valley.
- Winter Park Lodging Company, PO Box 1753, ☎ 970.722.0707, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. The Winter Park Lodging Company provides guests with high quality Winter Park rentals for their Winter Park ski vacation. We have the best rentals in Winter Park including condos, homes, and town homes in town, at the resort base and also in Fraser. We specialize in Winter Park vacation rentals where you get to enjoy the comforts of home but the convenience of being right in the heart of town or ski in/out at Zephyr Mountain Lodge, Fraser Crossing or Founder’s Pointe.
Winter Park has great Sprint CDMA coverage. This coverage extends north to Frasier, but not much further. The hostel has dial-in on a public terminal.
- Rocky Mountain Roastery and Coffee Company, with branches in both Fraser and Winter Park, have just recently (2004-08) added pay-per-use wireless internet connectivity.
- Winter Park Coffee Company  has free wireless with a purchase. Located next to Deno's restaurant, in the main street Real Estate building.