Winter Park, Colorado, has many pasttimes for both Summer and Winter visitors. There are several places that close during the spring and fall, however.
- Winter Park Resort, 239 Winter Park Drive, 303-892-0961, . Ski Resort.
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort. Hot Sulpher Springs is about 45 minutes north of Winter Park. They have a fantastic set of hot springs pools, fun in both the winter and summer. They also have lodging here, but there's a level traing crossing and 3 to 4 trains come through in the middle of the night blowing their whistles within half a mile of the rooms.
- Basecamp Bakery, fantastic breakfast and lunches. (Local, $7 per person)
- Hernando's, Pizza and Pasta. One of our favorites. (Local, $7 per person)
- The Shed, unique southwest inspired food, very good stuff though usually very busy. (Local, $12 per person)
- Mad Munchies (30 miles north in Grandby), fantastic sandwiches. We always have a meal here when in Winter Park. (Local, $6 per person)
- Pizza Shop in Frasier. Good pizza and Italian food, but I don't recall the name. (Local, $6 per person)
- De Antonio's, Pizza and Pasta (2 miles north in Frazier). In the Alco strip-mall, across the street from Safeway. One of the best pizza by the slice I've had. Other stuff I've had is so-so. (Local, $7 per person)
- Guido Chang's, a weird fusion of Italian pasta and rice bowls. I had the sweet chili bowl, which was fairly good, my SO had the green curry rice bowl which was only passable. The salads were really nice, though. (Local, $12 per person)
- The Kitchen, breakfast in downtown Winter Park. It's fairly small, and almost always seems to have a wait. This seems mostly to be due to slow table turnover, and a small dining-room, though. They're fairly heavy on attitude, and the sign out front says "Hours Iffy", for example the day we ate there it was closed before 11am. The food was good, though. (Local, $8 per person)
- About 10 miles north of Frasier is a golf resort that has many very nice condos as well as hotel rooms, for around $140 per night. The condos all seem to have hot tubs in them. No CDMA coverage though.
- Winter Park Lodging Lodging and vacation rentals by Vacations Inc - a Colorado Rocky Mountain vacation tradition for over 35 years. Our resort accommodations include some popular properties in Winter Park including condos, town homes and private homes. Our properties are the perfect way to enjoy your Colorado vacation. We specialize in planning Rocky Mountain vacations; Colorado vacation packages and our specials ensure your getaway meets your needs and matches your budget.
Winter Park has great Sprint CDMA coverage. This coverage extends north to Frasier, but not much further. The Hostel has dial-in on a public terminal.
- Rocky Mountain Roastery and Coffee Company, with branches in both Frazier and Winter Park, have just recently (2004-08) added pay-per-use Wireless Internet connectivity.