| || |
Frasier) [http:// therockymountaininn.com / The Rocky Mountain Inn and Hostel in Frasier]. Very cheap rooms and communal rooms. Has a computer with dial-up net access, but also has very good CDMA coverage. |+|
* () [http://.comMountain Inn in , .
| || |
About 10 miles north of Frasier is a golf resort that has many very nice condos as well as hotel rooms, for around $140 per night. The condos all seem to have hot tubs in them. No CDMA coverage though. |+|
* , .. .
| || |
Vacations Inc''', [http:// www.vacationsinc.com]. Condo and home rental listing service. |+|
*'''''', [http://.com]. and .
| || |
'''Moose Mountain Inn''' [http://www.inn-winter-park-co.com] P.O. Box 3264 ~ Winter Park, CO Telephone: (970) 726-8255 ~ Toll Free: 888-999-1616 After you stay with Moose Mountain Inn, you will plan many more Winter Park Vacations. Moose Mountain Inn offers luxurious lodging in Winter Park, Colorado. |+|
*, . in .
| || |
Revision as of 21:58, 1 November 2006
Winter Park, Colorado, is a ski resort in the Front Range. It has many pastimes for both summer and winter visitors. There are several places that close during the spring and fall, however.
Winter Park is a little over 65 miles from Denver, and is one of the closest ski resorts from Denver. The route is I-70 West most of the way, with the remainder on U.S. Route 40 West, which goes over Berthoud Pass. Be sure to check http://cotrip.org for current conditions on Berthoud Pass, as it's common for it to be snowing (sometimes heavily) on the pass with no snow in Denver or on the way up I-70.
There are shuttles to Winter Park from Denver International Airport, and the town has an adequate free shuttle between Winter Park Resort, the town of Winter Park, and the town of Fraser.
The Ski Train is a great way to get to Winter Park. http://skitrain.com There are winter and summer train schedules from Denver's Union Station direct to Winter Park.
- Winter Park Resort, 239 Winter Park Drive, 303-892-0961, . Ski Resort. Check out the Alpine Slide in the Summer!
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort. Hot Sulpher Springs is about 45 minutes north of Winter Park. They have a fantastic set of hot springs pools, fun in both the winter and summer. They also have lodging here, but there's a level traing crossing and 3 to 4 trains come through in the middle of the night blowing their whistles within half a mile of the rooms.
- Grand Adventures, Snowmobiling, Sleigh Rides, ATV Rentals, and Horseback Riding. Physical Address: 81699 US Highway 40, Winter Park, CO 80482. Mailing Address: P.O Box 1329, Winter Park, CO 80482. Toll Free:(800)726-9247  Email: [email protected]entures.com
- Basecamp Bakery, fantastic breakfast and lunches. (Local, $7 per person)
- Hernando's, Pizza and Pasta. One of our favorites. (Local, $7 per person)
- The Shed, unique southwest inspired food, very good stuff though usually very busy. (Local, $12 per person)
- Mad Munchies (30 miles north in Grandby), fantastic sandwiches. We always have a meal here when in Winter Park. (Local, $6 per person)
- Pizza Shop in Frasier. Good pizza and Italian food, but I don't recall the name. (Local, $6 per person)
- De Antonio's, Pizza and Pasta (2 miles north in Frazier). In the Alco strip-mall, across the street from Safeway. One of the best pizza by the slice I've had. Other stuff I've had is so-so. (Local, $7 per person)
- Guido Chang's, a weird fusion of Italian pasta and rice bowls. I had the sweet chili bowl, which was fairly good, my SO had the green curry rice bowl which was only passable. The salads were really nice, though. (Local, $12 per person)
- The Kitchen, breakfast in downtown Winter Park. It's fairly small, and almost always seems to have a wait. This seems mostly to be due to slow table turnover, and a small dining-room, though. They're fairly heavy on attitude, and the sign out front says "Hours Iffy", for example the day we ate there it was closed before 11am. The food was good, though. (Local, $8 per person)
Note, as of 11-30-05, I was informed that, sadly, The Kitchen has closed. I heard, but have no way to confirm, that the owner passed away. RIP.
- Moose Mountain Inn, Tel: (970) 726-8255, Toll Free: 888-999-1616, . Moose Mountain Inn offers luxurious lodging in Winter Park, Colorado.
- Vacations Inc, . Condo and home rental listing service.
- The Rocky Mountain Inn and Hostel, Frasier, . Very cheap rooms and communal rooms. Has a computer with dial-up net access, but also has very good CDMA coverage.
- About 10 miles north of Frasier is a golf resort that has many very nice condos as well as hotel rooms, for around $140 per night. The condos all seem to have hot tubs in them. No CDMA coverage though.
Winter Park has great Sprint CDMA coverage. This coverage extends north to Frasier, but not much further. The Hostel has dial-in on a public terminal.
- Rocky Mountain Roastery and Coffee Company, with branches in both Frazier and Winter Park, have just recently (2004-08) added pay-per-use Wireless Internet connectivity.