Wilmette  is located 16 miles north of Chicago, on what is known as Chicago's North Shore.It is the location of the world's oldest still standing Bahá'í House of Worship.
- Metra train from downtown Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center)
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- Linden Purple Line CTA stop
- Baha'i House of Worship, , a cultural and architectural wonder.
- Wilmette Theater,  has movies and live performances.
- Gillson park  for beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- Wallace Bowl, an outside theater located at Gillson Park. Originally built by the WPA, it was recently rehabbed to its original specifications. Free concerts and plays are available in the warm weather months. .
- Centennial Pool, .
- Centennial Ice Rink, .
- Wilmette Public Library, .
- Wilmette's public golf course, .
- Go do gymnastics at the Community Recreation Center, .
- Chestnut Street Beach
Souvenirs at the Crystal Cave.
- Piero's Pizza, 335 Ridge Road, ☎ 847.251.5550 and 847.256.5550, . Best pizza on the North Shore.
- Tsing Tao. Located on Green Bay Road. Chinese-American food.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon, 1120 Central Ave, ☎ (847) 256-0120. Greek, burgers, and hotdogs.
- Kama Kura, Central Street. Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle, 
- Akai Hana, 
- Homer's Ice Cream, 
- Ridgeview Grill, 
- Burhops, 
- Lou Malnati's Pizza, 
- Meier's Tavern.
- Charlie's Coffee House,  has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's,  has live music and great dinners.
Try hotels in Evanston, Skokie, or Glenview.