| || |
Revision as of 04:10, 6 April 2012
The spectacular Bahá'í House of Worship
Wilmette  is located 16 miles north of Chicago, on what is known as Chicago's North Shore. It is the location of the world's oldest still standing Bahá'í House of Worship.
- Metra train from downtown Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center)
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- Linden Purple Line CTA stop
PACE Bus Routes
- 213 Green Bay Road
- 421 Wilmette Avenue
- 422 Linden CTA/Glenview/Northbrook Court 
- 423 Linden CTA-The Glen-Harlem CTA
- Baha'i House of Worship, 100 Linden Ave (at Sheridan, three blocks east of Linden CTA stop), ☎ +1 847 853-2300, . Daily 6AM-10PM. A cultural and architectural wonder.
- Wilmette Theatre, 1122 Central Ave (two blocks east of Wilmette Metra stop), ☎ +1 847 251-7424, . Has movies and live performances.
- Gillson park  for beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- Wallace Bowl, an outside theater located at Gillson Park. Originally built by the WPA, it was recently rehabbed to its original specifications. Free concerts and plays are available in the warm weather months. .
- Centennial Pool, .
- Centennial Ice Rink, .
- Wilmette Public Library, .
- Wilmette's public golf course, .
- Go do gymnastics at the Community Recreation Center, .
- Chestnut Street Beach
- Edens Plaza is a large shopping center located on the west end of town at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Skokie Boulevard (US41)near the Edens Expressway. It features anchor stores like Carson Pirie Scott, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Fresh Market in addition to many smaller stores 
- Souvenirs at the Crystal Cave.
- Piero's Pizza, 335 Ridge Rd, ☎ +1 847 251-5550 and +1 847 256-5550, . Best pizza on the North Shore.
- Tsing Tao. Located on Green Bay Road. Chinese-American food.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon, 1120 Central Ave, ☎ +1 847 256-0120. Greek, burgers, and hotdogs.
- Kama Kura, Central Street. Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle, 708 12th St, ☎ +1 847 251-2228 (fax: +1 847 251-2299), . Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM; Dinner: M-Th 5PM-9PM, F-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su 4:30PM-8:30PM.
- Dairy Queen, 3510 Lake Ave, ☎ +1 847 251-8727, . Sun-Thu 11:00 AM-9:30PM, Fri-Sat 11:00 AM-10:00 PM.
- Akai Hana, 3223 W Lake Ave, ☎ +1 847 251-0384, . M-Sa 5PM-9PM, Su 4PM-8PM.
- Homer's Ice Cream, 1237 Green Bay Rd, ☎ +1 847 251-0477 (fax: +1 847 251-0495), .
- Ridgeview Grill, 
- Burhops,  Seafood
- Irving's for Red Hot Lovers,  Fast Food
- Lou Malnati's Pizza, 3223 Lake Ave, ☎ +1 847 256-5780 (fax: +1 847 256-8979), . M-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Carry-out only.
- Charlie's Coffee House,  has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's,  has live music and great dinners.
- Meier's Tavern.
There are no hotels located in Wilmette. Try hotels in Evanston, Skokie, or Glenview.