"How to tell about yourself" is kind of confused English. Maybe "How to describe yourself"? Also, why do we need this if we have Wikitravel:User page help? --Evan 07:46, 2 December 2006 (EST)
- I agree on renaming, if you feel like your name for the page is more correct.
- As for reasons for the page like this (and why present Wikitravel:User page help does not fit the purpose):
- page name: right now Wikitravel:How to tell about yourself serves an extension (providing necessary details) for several encouragements to a newcomer to describe himself--i.e.giving him a recommendation, if not a task to describe himself. Wikitravel:User page help, in contrast, is named like aimed to help user if he already needs to do something with his user page (and most newcomers typically don't, in my expeience).
- style: Wikitravel:How to tell about yourself describes (or summarizes) what other users typically do [if they need to], not what community recommends to from the start.
- Perhaps we can merge both pages if we find a way to solve 1. and 2, but I don't see right now how it can be better accomplished. Do you?
- Alternatively we can think of making Wikitravel:How to describe yourself an introduction to Wikitravel:User page help, while Wikitravel:User page help can become an extension to Wikitravel:How to describe yourself. What do you think?
- --DenisYurkin 09:25, 14 December 2006 (EST)
- I moved this page, per above. --Evan 19:54, 22 February 2007 (EST)
- Can we add this link here and support this project How to describe yourself --188.8.131.52 12:23, 31 August 2008 (EDT)