These are some words to avoid in Wikitravel guides and listings.
- Empty, flowery language. Use a more concrete description instead: what part of the hotel/restaurant/etc. do you find luxurious?
- See "luxurious".
- Empty, flowery language. If a place or business is "first" in some sense, use that sense specifically. Otherwise, avoid this word.
- Recommended by whom? Wikitravel is too big to make recommendations. Simply add descriptive listings.
- Suggested by whom? Wikitravel is too big to make recommendations. Simply add descriptive listings.
- it should be noted that...
- Go ahead and note it, then.
- travellers should remember that...
- Good thing we wrote it down in the guides, then.