Creating an account at Wikitravel gives a bunch of benefits:
- Easier communication — You will be able to create your own 'talk page' for you to communicate with other users as they are able to leave you personal comments.
- Credit for your contributions — You will be credited at the bottom of any article you edit.
- Build a reputation — Other Wikitravelers will be able to distinguish you from other anonymous users. This will create a great level of trust from the community for your articles.
- Watchlist — All the changes that are being made by other contributors on pages and edits your create will be on record -- including changes someone else makes in the future to the contributions you yourself made. You can even set an email alert for when this happens!
- Upload photos to Wikitravel Shared to be used in articles.
- The ability to begin a brand new destination article page.
- Protect your privacy: Edit without your IP address being visible, except to a few highly trusted administrators who do not release it publicly.
- Become a Wikitravel:Docent — if you know a destination(s) well and would like to share your knowledge.
- Be nominated for adminship, and the ability to gain permissions.
- Edit semi-protected pages. IP address users are not allowed to edit pages of this security level, but registered Autoconfirmed users can.
- Preferences menu — customize your Wikitravel experience, including turning off advertising.