This page is for requests of additional feedback on difficulties and disputes in Wikitravel, including both policy/style pages as well as actual article content.
Add links to disputed articles below in the appropriate section. Please don't start up conversations here; the point of this page is to direct Wikitravellers' attention to a discussion going on elsewhere. Please sign and date your request.
Requests pointing to discussions that have gone dormant for over two months will be removed from this page. Otherwise, the original contributor may remove his/her request when satisfied. (Please remember to do this, in order to keep the page clean!)
- Other Wikis are using CC-by-SA 2.0 or 3.0 licenses. Is this compatible with our 1.0? If not, can we fix that? Discussion at shared:Tech:License upgrade. Pashley 08:05, 23 December 2007 (EST)
- I'm renewing this rfc, despite it's having gone dead, just since it's an important discussion and people should be able to find it easily. --Peter Talk 05:08, 4 June 2008 (EDT)
- Talk:Advertising policy — an important discussion dedicated to drafting a policy for ads on Wikitravel that everyone should be aware of and take part in. Peter Talk 17:57, 10 January 2008 (EST)
- Wikitravel talk:Bodies of water#Rewrite — I realize this discussion is way too long, and it's a big request for anyone to actually read it, but I think we're in danger of moving in a very bad direction with our approach to region articles, geographical organization, and to what types of articles we write. Please also take a look at my attempted rewrite of the policy article—my changes still seem pretty minor and commonsense to me, while the changes now being proposed are radical. --Peter Talk 01:05, 2 October 2009 (EDT)
- And to balance this biased introduction, some of us think we are in danger of moving further in a bad direction in our approach if we don't make some changes, and Peter's rewrite may strike some (like me) as fairly radical in the opposite direction. It is a pretty long discussion, but yeah, please have a look and decide for yourself.Texugo 07:05, 2 October 2009 (EDT)
Attacking the Tech backlog
- shared:Top bugs — I'm not sure that everyone realizes that this article exists, but it is a very important one and more contributions would be very welcome. --Peter Talk 16:47, 17 January 2008 (EST)
- shared:Roadmap#Nominations — Analogous to the top bugs, where we can vote for our preferred prioritization of feature requests. So show up and vote! If the process is confusing, hanging chads, etc., talk to me. --Peter Talk 13:50, 20 March 2008 (EDT)
- Bump. I've just redone the Roadmap's format to make it more user-friendly (and hopefully more effective). It will require that votes be cast anew—please stop by to vote for one–two of the most important/urgent requests. --Peter Talk 17:56, 23 September 2009 (EDT)