Discover is Wikitravel's heading for strange but true trivia about destinations and events.
Add your entries to the end of this list. [[Link]] any place names and '''boldface''' the sight itself. The article must contain the fact in question!
- The Parasitological Museum in Meguro, Tokyo, a popular date spot, showcases a tapeworm over 10 meters long.
- The temple of Sala Kaew Ku in Nong Khai, Thailand is packed with bizarre concrete statues over 20 meters tall and enshrines the sculptor's mummified corpse.
- The Saptohoedojo Art Gallery in Yogyakarta, Indonesia counts both Pope John Paul II and the Dalai Lama among its customers.
- The Wakamiya Hachiman-gū Shrine in Kawasaki, Japan is dedicated to a mythical phallus called Lord Big Iron Penis.
- A popular and useful souvenir from Fraser's Hill, Malaysia is a pair of leech socks.
- Marmots should not be eaten during the Mongolian summer, as they may carry the Bubonic Plague.
- Hotel Adnis in Osaka, Japan offers a Hello Kitty-themed bondage room.