This is the place where you can share the news of your completed piece of work — and invite the community to celebrate your little milestone in contributing to Wikitravel.
We normally celebrate something that required at least a couple of hours of work, and has very significant effect on one article, significant effect on a tree of articles, or affects the entire site.
So if you recently completed a significant effort at Wikitravel, go ahead and tell the rest of us here. Let's have a little party to share the satisfaction of a job well done!
This is a party among friends and colleagues, let you hair down. Notifications can reflect your personal style and character, and the type of contibution you have just completed.
You may also celebrate the work of another wikitraveller here, if it is worthy of public comment or thanks, but perhaps not significant enough for a barnstar yet.
Contributions to celebrate
This yard of ale
for fostering community spirit by proposing and creating this page. Cheers! • • • Peter (Southwood) Talk
09:26, 30 October 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks, Peter. Honestly, I've initiated the page for a selfish reason of finding more motivation for myself to get published my travel notes I bring with me from every vacation, several times a year.
- This is also my personal milestone, a first serious community page I've created at Wikitravel (Wikitravel:How to describe yourself doesn't count). Managing the whole consensus thing is still something to master for me--at least this page proves for me that there's some progress with that skills.
- And the whole undertaking was impossible to implement without your elaboration, complimentary ideas and wording--plus all the input and support from all those who took part in the discussion. Cheers! --DenisYurkin 16:55, 30 October 2010 (EDT)
- Hey, you are also part of the community, no harm in boosting your own morale a bit too. • • • Peter (Southwood) Talk 10:22, 12 November 2010 (EST)
A third dive site promoted to Star
Virtual drinks all round (or alternative celebratory substance of your preference) to mark the third Cape Town dive site to reach Star status
- Personally I believe it's worth a barnstar to create 3 star articles in a row (not mentioning to have a queue of several dozens to come). --DenisYurkin 17:25, 12 November 2010 (EST)
- A huge round of applause! Or, since we're underwater, I guess a big thumbs to our partners in the scuba gear. PerryPlanet Talk 18:20, 12 November 2010 (EST)
- Thanks folks, but don't hold your breath for the "several dozens to come", the production rate is unlikely to go up very much. I will try to have one in the pipeline whenever possible. The good news is that I may have managed to persuade a couple of other divers to start surveying. The bad news is that they will probably send their raw data to me to make into maps. (not really bad news ;-) • • • Peter (Southwood) Talk 00:48, 13 November 2010 (EST)