If you believe a Wikitraveller -- including yourself -- should have administrative status please verify that they meet the guidelines for becoming an administrator and then add them to the nominations section below. Nominations should also include a sentence or two outlining the nominee's experience and comprehension of Wikitravel community policies.
I'm still a student and as such unable to travel too often, but I find joy in helping to improve Wikitravel to be the best free travel guide there is around. I speak three languages (English, Mandarin Chinese and Malay) and as such can take part in maintenance of phrasebook pages. I'm anticipating a lot of objections regarding my inexperience, and I do understand that, but I think that I would do well as an administrator. See my contributions here: http://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Contributions/Lioncitylion If I were to be really honest I doubt my self-nomination would pass, and I am willing to accept that. But if I get rejected I will haunt this page forever with self-nominations until I get approved... just kidding. If I get turned down I definitely will try again after some time when I have gained more experience :) thank you for reading!Lioncitylion (talk) 08:41, 15 August 2015 (EDT)
- Hello Lioncitylion! Nice to meet you:) I like the enthusiasm and engagement you show about Wikitravel. Thank you for all your contributions so far. Historically, we've been granting admin privileges to users with quite an extensive experience in editing and cleaning Wikitravel pages (or any other wiki). For users who has just started their journey with wikis, we recommend focusing first on adding content and fixing problems. This kind of experience creates a solid base for future Wikitravel admins. Lioncitylion, have you worked previously on any other wiki? Cheers, IBAlex (talk) 18:29, 17 August 2015 (EDT)
- Hello IBAlex, thank you for your response! I do also edit on Wikipedia :) sorry for the late reply as I have been rather busy in the past few days. Lioncitylion (talk) 01:27, 22 August 2015 (EDT)
I think this user is potentially a good fit for an admin. Can I get input, please? --IBJoel (talk) 15:22, 27 January 2021 (EST)
- Golden Auste (talk) for sure has been active on the site, with a main focus on Polish articles (creation and updates) and recently also active in the Travellers' Pub discussing DOM etc, which is great. If this user can focus the next week or so on editing articles, implementing/using our guidelines/policies so we can see if this part is also understood correctly (so no more adding of itineraries in articles, looking at listing formats and external links etc, then with some further guidance this user probably could be a fit for an admin role.
- Golden Auste has been active on the site for quite a long time now, and I agree with Adzas: I remember there were discussions about itineraries and other edits, we need to see if Golden Auste has a very good knowledge of our guidelines and policies before becoming an administrator. GiulioC (talk) 08:36, 28 January 2021 (EST)
I think this user is potentially a good fit for an admin. Can I get input, please? --IBJoel (talk) 17:48, 27 January 2021 (EST)
- Ryte (talk) is a very active user, working on content, suggesting changes, discussing on talk pages to get input, following policies and guidelines etc, so I think if interested this user would be a good fit for an admin role. Adzas (talk) 06:53, 28 January 2021 (EST)
- I've been interacting with Ryte many times. I like how this user is focused on creating content, making suggestions and more. I think it may be helpful as an admin. GiulioC (talk) 08:36, 28 January 2021 (EST)
- I agree to join to the position of ADMIN. Believe, that the saying that everyone learns all life is right and will lead me. Ryte 14 February 2021