| || |
| || |
Revision as of 18:13, 14 July 2009
Whitehall is a city in Pennsylvania.
- From the east/west, use Route 22 to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
- From the north/south, use Route 145.
- From the north/south, use Route 33 south to Route 22 west to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
- From the north/south, use Interstate 476 (Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike) to Route 22 east to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
The primary and most convenient point of airline entry to Whitehall and Lehigh Valley is Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE). Various airlines operate out of this airport. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is a major international airport that is about 70 miles away. Since it is a hub for several national airlines, it is easy to obtain non-stop flights to Philadelphia International compared to ABE and usually cheaper.
Whitehall is not a walking town.
If you don't have a car of your own, the easiest way to get around is by LANTA (Lehigh And Northampton Transportation Authority) Buses .
If you're traveling to more rural areas of Lehigh Valley, a car is the only option and can be rented through LVIA.
Whitehall is primarily a shopping and dining town, centered around MacArthur Road. However, there are a few "hidden" things to do:
- Lehigh Valley Mall, Rts. 22 & 145 N. (Route 145 N./MacArthur Road exit off Route 22), ☎ 610-264-5511, . Anchored by JCPenney, Macy's and Boscov's and includes nearly 130 stores. Indoor and outdoor shopping.
- Buca di Beppo, 714 Grape Street, ☎ 610-264-4268, . Italian cuisine. Lunch and dinner. Kid's menu available.
- Spice India, 2407 Mickley Ave, ☎ 610-432-0980, . Indian cuisine. Lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch available. BYOB. Outdoor seating available.
- Ramada, 1500 MacArthur Rd (Route 145 North/MacArthur Road exit off Route 22), ☎ 610-439-1037, . Newly renovated. Across from the Lehigh Valley Mall. Restaurant and comedy club onsite.
Other Lehigh Valley locations
Regional cities and locations