Westray is one of Scotland's Orkney Islands.
- Pierowall, the main center, near the north of the island,
- Rapness, the main port at the south end,
Twice daily Orkney Ferries  travel between Kirkwall and Rapness.
Several passenger ferries a day link Pierowall with Papa Westray.
Twice daily Loganair flights link Pierowall with Kirkwall. These flights also stop at Papa Westray just across the bay, making it the shortest (2 minutes) scheduled flight in the world!
The Westray bus service operates all year round to meet all Ferry arrivals from Kirkwall. From May to September this a fully scheduled service operates. For the remainder of the year the service is available on request. See westraybusservice.co.uk. Tel 07789034289.
Cycling is a good way to get around the island. Hire can be arranged by:
- Sand O'Gill, Pierowall, 01857 677374.
- Twiness, 01857 677319.
- Rapness Manse, Rapness 01857 677494.
- Noup Head - impressive cliffs and headland about 4km north-west of Pierowall, home to thousands of nesting birds including Kittiwakes and Puffins during the summer.
- Noltland Castle - attractive ruined castle about 1km west of Pierowall.
- An Artists Studio in Pierowall.
- Visit the Westray Heritage Centre in Pierowall for traditional crafts and local history, plus a small cafe.
- Bis Geo Hostel, 2km west of Pierowall. 01857 677420, . Excellent 5 star youth hostel, with a lounge/conservatory giving views along the coast
- The Barn, Pierowall. 01857 677214, . Another very good hostel.
- Pierowall Hotel, 01857 677208.
4 Star Small Hotel
- Cleaton House Hotel, Telephone 01857 677508, . "Public rooms are decorated like a real home - and that's the atmosphere throughout" and "Food superb every day, imaginative presentation of the best local produce..." says the 2006 Good Hotel Guide.
Eat & Drink
- Pierowall Hotel. Reputedly the best fish & chips in Orkney, plus other bar & restaurant food.
- Cleaton House Hotel, Telephone: 01857 677508, [www.cleatonhouse.co.uk]. Excellent 4 Star Small Hotel. Superb food in the Bar or the Restaurant. Good choice of fresh local produce, including Organic Salmon, Westray Scallops, North Ronaldsay Lamb fed on seaweed, Westray Crab, Westray Lobster, Westray Beef. Home made desserts including Spiced Poached Pear in Cider, and the reknowned Sticky Toffee Pudding with butterscotch sauce, and many more. Pioneer Bar with over 30 Malts to choose from, and a selection of Orkney beers. Enjoy the friendly and relaxed atmosphere here in the not-so-remote North Isles.
There are a couple of mini-markets in Pierowall to stock up in.
There is also a potters in Pierowall
- Hume Sweet Home. Knitwear and souvenir shop in Pierowall.
- Papa Westray - get away from it even more on a day trip to the neighboring island.