West Glacier is a town located at the western entrance to Glacier National Park in Northwestern Montana.
- Glacier Guides, 11970 Hwy 2 East, ☎ +1 406 387-5555 ([email protected]), . 7AM-7PM daily. Glacier National Park's rivers and trails guide service, offering rafting, fishing, guided day hiking, chalet treks and backpacking trips. Gear and raft rental also available.
- Glacier Outdoor Center, 12400 Hwy 2 East, ☎ +1 406-888-5454 ([email protected]), . 7:30AM-9PM. Glacier National Park's full service fly shop and outdoor store. Hiking, camping, rafting and fishing sales and rentals.
- West Glacier Resturant. Very good food and service. Full service menu with great dinners and excellent variety of selection and prices.
- Belton Chalet, 12575 Hwy 2 East (Across from the Amtrak station), ☎ +1 406 888-5000, . The first of the great lodges and chalets built for Glacier National Park by Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. A fully restored 1910 hotel and restaurant property offers lodging in a historic atmosphere. Rooms contain one queen sized bed and a private bathroom. No TV or phone. Private cabins are available and fill up very fast. Continental breakfast and shuttle service to and from the train station are complimentary. The Grill Dining Room features fresh local foods, Montana brews, fine wines and a full selection of spirits, with live music and views of Glacier Park. Room rates vary by season ($135-$285 in July and August, $115-$205 in June, September and October).
- Glacier Guides Lodge, 120 Highline Blvd (turn across from train station), ☎ +1 406 387-5555, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. New in 2010. 12 rooms, queen beds, private bath, satellite TV, breakfast, internet, wi-fi, air conditioning. $160.
- Glacier Outdoor Center Cabins, 12400 Hwy 2 East, ☎ +1 406-888-5454 ([email protected]), . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 11AM. Deluxe 1, 2 & 3 bedroom cabins just outside the west entrance to Glacier National Park. Complete kitchen, full bath, Wi-Fi, gas fireplace, satellite TV, gass grill, covered deck, private trout ponds. Cabin rates vary by season ($314-$550 in July & August, 30% off shoulder season, 60% off low season).
- US Post Office, 110 Going to the Sun Rd, ☎ +1 406 888-5591.
|Routes through West Glacier|