Amtrak's service is to neighboring Staunton.
- P. Buckley Moss Museum, 150 P. Buckley Moss Museum Drive, 540-949-6473, . The art of Patricia Buckley Moss. Tours, retail gallery.
- Shenandoah Valley Art Center, 126 S. Wayne Av., 540-949-7662, . Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Su 2PM-4PM.
- Artisans Center of Virginia, 801 West Broad Street Willow Oak Plaza, 540-946-3294, . State and national exhibits and a retail gallery. Free.
- Skyline Drive Rockfish Gap Entrance Station, Mile 105.4, Exit 99 on I-64 and Route 250, 540-999-3500. 3 miles east of Waynesboro Skyline Drive offers breathtaking panoramic vistas and access to miles of hiking trails through forested hills, hollows and slopes that often encounter pristine waterfalls descending from ancient granite summits.
- Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables, 81 Livery Lane, ☎ (540) 490-2609, . by appt. Hermitage Hill Farm is lovely horse farm on the outskirts of Waynesboro. Hermitage Hill raises Clydesdales and also offers a large reception room for weddings, rehearsal dinners and corporate functions. Visit them online to learn more. edit
- Fall Foliage Festival Early October.
- Commemoration the Civil War Battle of Waynesboro. This 1865 battle between Generals Jubal Early and Philip Sheridan helped defeat Old South.
- Summer Extravaganza Weekend after the 4th of July. Features live music, food, carnival rides, crafts, art, magic shows, cloggers, and more. Runs Saturday morning to Sunday evening, with a fireworks display ending the weekend at sundown on Sunday. Takes place in Ridgeview Park, a public park located near the center of the city.
Target, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Maurices, Bed Bath & Beyond, Michaels, Ben Franklin Crafts, Rack Room Shoes, Ross, Kohl's, Salvation Army, Peebles, Gamestop
- South River Restaurant, 23 Windigrove Drive, 540-942-5567, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 20 Windigrove Drive, +1 540 932-7170, .