Wola  is a district of Warsaw. The word wola means "willingness" in Polish. It has traditionally been the industrial district of Warsaw but this is now changing as it is rapidly becoming the commercial center of the city. Wola is further divided into Mirów, Nowolipki (adjacent to Muranów in Śródmieście), Powązki, Młynów, Czyste, Odolany, Ulrychów and Koło.
The Wola district in dark red.
- Main streets parallel to Vistula: ul. Kasprzaka-ul. Wolska, ul. Leszno-ul. Górczewska
- Main streets perpendicular to Vistula: ul. Towarowa-ul. Okopowa
Location of bus termini in Wola
- The Warsaw Rising Museum (Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego), ul. Grzybowska 79 (The entrance is located on Przyokopowa, which is about two streets west of the Hilton Hotel. Trams: 20, 22, 24, 32, and 45. Buses 106, 155, and 100 will stop near the museum on request), ☎ +48 (22) 539 79 05 (, [email protected], fax: +48 (22) 539 79 24), . Hours: M., W., and F.: 8AM - 6PM. Th.: 8AM - 8PM. Sat. and Sun.: 10AM - 6PM. (). Enormously fascinating, The Warsaw Risng Museum is a moving experience that anyone to Warsaw must visit. This museum will almost certainly not bore anyone, especially with the museum's superb use of multimedia. The museum has bilingual displays in Polish and English. The museum does a good job of explaining the perceived history of the insurgents and the Uprising in the years following the Second World War. If you go on Sunday, they have chapel services at 12:30PM. Regular: zł 4; Reduced rate: zł 2; Group ticket: zł 1. Free admission on Sundays.
- Drukarstwa Warszawskiego, ul. Łucka 1/3/5, ☎ ""+48, .
- Muzeum Gazownictwa, ul. Kasprzaka 25, ☎ ""+48.
- Muzeum Kolejnictwa, ul. Towarowa 1 (If you're driving, follow Al. Jeroslimskie west to ul Towarowa, then turn right), ☎ ""+48, .
Powązki Cemetery (Cmentarz Powązkowski)
Roman Catholic Cemetery (Cmentarz Rzymskokatolicki)
- St Charles Borromeo Church (Kościół Św. Karola Boromeusza)
Jewish Cemetery (Cmentarz Żydowski)
- A symbolic monument to Janusz Korczak (he died in a concentration camp),
Calvinist Cemetery (Cmentarz Ewangelicko-Augsburski)
- Halperts' Chapel (Kaplica Halpertów)
Lutheran Cemetery (Cmentarz Ewangelicko-Reformowany)
Powązki Communal Cemetery (Cmentarz Komunalny - Powązki)
Previously: Military Cemetery (Cmentarz Wojskowy)
Silver Screen, 'ul. Górczewska 124 (CH Wola Park), ☎ +48 (0/22) 533 46 66"" phoneextra="" tollfree="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" hoursextra"=" price="" lat="" long="" tag="".
- Hala Sportowa Koło ul. Obozowa 60, tel. +48 22 877 38 99
- Frag Factory, ul. Grzybowska 85 B (On the same street as the entrance to the Warsaw Uprising Museum), ☎ +48 (0/606) 292 392 ([email protected]), . Set up in an run-down building is Frag Factory a three level complex used for paintball warfare. The first two floors are used to normal play, while the third floor is for the pros, who invest thousands of dollars into the latest in paintball warfare. Games last ten minutes or until one team loses and you'll be divided into teams with other people. Teams will switch starting points after each game. Frag Factory will supply you with a gun, CO2, and suit. 100 PLN entry, 10 PLN for 100 paintballs.
- Klif, ul. Okopowa 58/72, . Shopping mall.
- Centrum Handlowe Wola Park, ul. Górczewska 124 (Buses 109, 154, 171, 190, 310, 501, 507, and 523 run by Wola Park. Trams 8, 10, 26, and 46 run in the direction, but you'll need to get off at ul. Powstańców Śląskich), ☎ +48 (0/22) 533 4000, . Shopping mall. (52.244,20.932)
- T.G.I. Fridays, Al. Jana Pawła II 29, ☎ +48 (0/22) 653 8362 (fax: +48 (0/22) 653 8363), . A nice retreat for anyone wanting an restaurant experience that's a bit more American than at other restaurants. It's a tad bit pricey, though, and there are no free refills.
- Kultura, ul. Grzybowska 47, ☎ +48 (0/22) 624 84 55 ([email protected], fax: "), . A small café with great coffee. The only issue with this cafe is that fruit flies hang around the cakes, so if you have a problem with bugs on your cake, don't order the cake.
- Harlem, ul. Kolejowa 8/10, ☎ +48 (0/502) 635 399, . A club that mostly plays Hip-hop and rap music.
- Club 70, ul. Waliców 9 (About a block from the Hotel Hyatt, on a side street off of ul. Grzybowska), ☎ +48 (0/22) 654 71 41, . Club 70 is a really well done club – the music is a decent mix of 70's and 80's music, bouncers aren't as hardcore as bouncers at other clubs, and the dedication of the management to fun clubbing makes Club 70 one of the best clubs in Warsaw. If you call Monday - Friday between 10AM - 6PM, you can make reservations. Entrance ranges from free to roughly zł 20 or so. Drinks are a bit on the expensive side with 0.5 liter of beer costing zł 10.
- Ice Club, ul. Pańska 61 (About a minute's walk from Rondo ONZ. Ul. Pańska runs parallel to ul. Prosta and is more of a parking lot than a street), ☎ +48 (0/22) 654 56 34 ([email protected]), . Entrance cost zł 10.
- Piekarnia, ul. Młocińska 11 (Near the Arkadia shopping mall. The club is kind of hidden on a side street, so you may want to memorize its location on a map first), ☎ +48 (0/22) 636 49 79 ([email protected], fax: +48 (0/22) 636 49 79), . At first glance the club is a wreck, especially due to the the club's out-of-the-way locale, with some of the shadiest DJing ever, but venturing further in actually will reveal a second dance floor with better DJing and chart topping music. For the most part, the club is hit or miss and probably won't be a very memorable night out, unless you're one of the people half-engaged in intercourse on the sofas. (52.2551,20.9805)
- Rapsodia, ul. Fort Wola 22 (entrance from ul. Wolska 186), ☎ +48 (0/22) 634 41 65 ([email protected]), . A campsite, but hostel rooms are available too. Prices: tent (2 persons) - 30 żł, camping car (electricity connection included) 60 zł.
- Karolkowa Youth Hostel, ul. Karolkowa 53a (Buses 125 or 522 until DT Wola or trams 13, 20, 23, 24. 26, and 27 until DT Wola), ☎ +48 (0/22) 632 88 29 (, [email protected], fax: +48 (0/22) 632 97 46), . n Hostelling International recognized hostel. Like other HI hostels in Poland there is a curfew, which lasts from midnight - 6AM, so don't plan on going out. Prices for a dorm bed begin at 25.20 zł for students with HI membership.
- Ibis Warszawa Centrum, Al. Solidarnosci 165, ☎ +48 (0/22) 520 30 00 (fax: +48 (0/22) 520 30 30), . A basic, but comfortable hotel. It's a good deal for those who do not demand luxury, but are satisfied with the basics. (52.2373,20.9806)
- Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre, Grzybowska 63, ☎ +48 (0/22) 356 55 55 (fax: +48 (0/22) 356 55 56), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Noon. Although located in Wola, the hotel is actually very close to the downtown area of Warsaw. A ten to fifteen minute walk will take you to the Centralna train station.
- Westin Warsaw Hotel, Al. Jana Pawla II 21, ☎ +48 (0/22) 450 8000 ([email protected], fax: +48 (0/22) 450 8111), . Another centrally located hotel, a few minutes from the Warszawa Centalna station. Don't attempt to walk to this hotel, if you've arrived when it's dark out or cold out – spring for a taxi, which shouldn't cost you much. Rates start at €111. (52.240783,21.002984)
- Teleskop e-cafe, ul. Krochmalna 2, ☎ +48 (0/22) 652 25 84, . Internet cafe tucked away on the side street near TGI Fridays, and the Atrium International Business Center buildings.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!