on the map of Warsaw
Wola  is a district of Warsaw. The word wola means "willingness" in Polish. It has traditionally been the industrial district of Warsaw but this is now changing as it is rapidly becoming the commercial center of the city. Wola is further divided into Mirów, Nowolipki (adjacent to Muranów in Śródmieście), Powązki, Młynów, Czyste, Odolany, Ulrychów and Koło.
- Main streets parallel to Vistula: ul. Kasprzaka-ul. Wolska, ul. Leszno-ul. Górczewska
- Main streets perpendicular to Vistula: ul. Towarowa-ul. Okopowa
Location of bus termini in Wola
- The Warsaw Rising Museum (Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego), ul. Grzybowska 79 (The entrance is located on Przyokopowa, which is about two streets west of the Hilton Hotel. Trams: 20, 22, 24, 32, and 45. Buses 106, 155, and 100 will stop near the museum on request), ☎ +48 (22) 539 79 05 (, [email protected], fax: +48 (22) 539 79 24), . Hours: M., W., and F.: 8AM - 6PM. Th.: 8AM - 8PM. Sat. and Sun.: 10AM - 6PM. (). Enormously fascinating, The Warsaw Risng Museum is a moving experience that anyone to Warsaw must visit. This museum will almost certainly not bore anyone, especially with the museum's superb use of multimedia. The museum has bilingual displays in Polish and English. The museum although specifically about the the Warsaw Urising of 1944 does a decent job of explaining the perceived history of the insurgents and the Uprising in the years following the Second World War. The museum takes an Anticommunist stance calling the communist government "occupants", a view most Poles share, and describes how communists arrested Uprising insurgents as "traitors" and attempted to turn the Polsih population against the Uprising and the insurgents using by misleading propaganda, rather than respect and honor the insurgents. If you go on Sunday, they have chapel services at 12:30PM. Regular: zł 4; Reduced rate: zł 2; Group ticket: zł 1. Free admission on Sundays.
Drukarstwa Warszawskiego, ul. Łucka 1/3/5, ☎ ""+48, .
Muzeum Gazownictwa, ul. Kasprzaka 25, ☎ ""+48.
Muzeum Kolejnictwa, ul. Towarowa 1 (If you're driving, follow Al. Jeroslimskie west to ul Towarowa, then turn right), ☎ ""+48, .
Powązki Cemetery (Cmentarz Powązkowski)
Roman Catholic Cemetery (Cmentarz Rzymskokatolicki)
- St Charles Borromeo Church (Kościół Św. Karola Boromeusza)
Jewish Cemetery (Cmentarz Żydowski)
- A symbolic monument to Janusz Korczak (he died in a concentration camp),
Calvinist Cemetery (Cmentarz Ewangelicko-Augsburski)
- Halperts' Chapel (Kaplica Halpertów)
Lutheran Cemetery (Cmentarz Ewangelicko-Reformowany)
Powązki Communal Cemetery (Cmentarz Komunalny - Powązki)
Previously: Military Cemetery (Cmentarz Wojskowy)
Silver Screen, 'ul. Górczewska 124 (CH Wola Park), ☎ +48 (0/22) 533 46 66"" phoneextra="" tollfree="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" hoursextra"=" price="" lat="" long="" tag="".
- Hala Sportowa Koło ul. Obozowa 60, tel. +48 22 877 38 99
- Frag Factory, ul. Grzybowska 85 B (On the same street as the entrance to the Warsaw Uprising Museum), ☎ +48 (0/606) 292 392 ([email protected]), . Set up in an run-down building is Frag Factory a three level complex used for paintball warfare. The first two floors are used to normal play, while the third floor is for the pros, who invest thousands of dollars into the latest in paintball warfare. Games last ten minutes or until one team loses and you'll be divided into teams with other people. Teams will switch starting points after each game. Frag Factory will supply you with a gun, CO2, and suit. 100 PLN entry, 10 PLN for 100 paintballs.
- Klif, ul. Okopowa 58/72, . Shopping mall.
- Centrum Handlowe Wola Park, ul. Górczewska 124 (Buses 109, 154, 171, 190, 310, 501, 507, and 523 run by Wola Park. Trams 8, 10, 26, and 46 run in the direction, but you'll need to get off at ul. Powstańców Śląskich), ☎ +48 (0/22) 533 4000, . Shopping mall. (52.244,20.932)
- T.G.I. Fridays, Al. Jana Pawła II 29, ☎ +48 (0/22) 653 8362 (fax: +48 (0/22) 653 8363), . A nice retreat for anyone wanting an restaurant experience that's a bit more American than at other restaurants. It's a tad bit pricey, though, and there are no free refills.
- Harlem, ul. Kolejowa 8/10, ☎ +48 (0/502) 635 399, . A club that mostly plays Hip-hop and rap music.
- Club 70, ul. Waliców 9 (About a block from the Hotel Hyatt, on a side street off of ul. Grzybowska), ☎ +48 (0/22) 654 71 41, . Club 70 is a really well done club – the music is a decent mix of 70's and 80's music, bouncers aren't as hardcore as bouncers at other clubs, and the dedication of the management to fun clubbing makes Club 70 one of the best clubs in Warsaw. If you call Monday - Friday between 10AM - 6PM, you can make reservations. Entrance ranges from free to roughly zł 20 or so. Drinks are a bit on the expensive side with 0.5 liter of beer costing zł 10.
- Kultura, ul. Grzybowska 47, ☎ +48 (0/22) 624 84 55 ([email protected], fax: "), . A small café with great coffee. The only issue with this cafe is that fruit flies hang around the cakes, so if you have a problem with bugs on your cake, don't order the cake.
- Rapsodia, ul. Fort Wola 22 (entrance from ul. Wolska 186), . A campsite, but hostel rooms are available too. Prices: tent (2 persons) - 30 żł, camping car (electricity connection included) 60 zł.
- PTSM Hostel, ul. Karolkowa 53a, . An Hostelling International recognized hostel.
- Ibis Warszawa Centrum, Al. Solidarnosci 165, ☎ +48 (0/22) 520 30 00 (fax: +48 (0/22) 520 30 30), . A basic, but comfortable hotel. It's a good deal for those who do not demand luxury, but are satisfied with the basics. (52.2373,20.9806)
- Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre, Grzybowska 63, ☎ +48 (0/22) 356 55 55 (fax: +48 (0/22) 356 55 56), . checkin: 2PM; checkout: Noon. Although located in Wola, the hotel is actually very close to the downtown area of Warsaw. A ten to fifteen minute walk will take you to the Centralna train station.
- Westin Warsaw Hotel, Al. Jana Pawla II 21, ☎ +48 (0/22) 450 8000 ([email protected], fax: +48 (0/22) 450 8111), . Another centrally located hotel, a few minutes from the Warszawa Centalna station. Don't attempt to walk to this hotel, if you've arrived when it's dark out or cold out – spring for a taxi, which shouldn't cost you much. Rates start at €111. (52.240783,21.002984)
- Teleskop e-cafe, ul. Krochmalna 2, ☎ +48 (0/22) 652 25 84, . Internet cafe tucked away on the side street near TGI Fridays, and the Atrium International Business Center buildings.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!