Earth : Asia : South Asia : India : Southern India : Andhra Pradesh : Warangal
Warangal is in Andhra Pradesh in Southern India. Historically known as Orugallu and also Ekashila Nagaram(City carved in single stone). Warangal is part of tertiary city including Kazipet and Hanamkonda. The region once came under Kakatiya dynasty.
Nearest airport is in Hyderabad, approximately 130 kms away. It falls on the New Delhi - Chennai trunk train route so many important trains like Grand Trunk express call on here. By road its connected to Hyderabad through NH202.
Possibly the best way to reach warangal is by a train since there are ample number of trains that stop at Warangal throughout the day. Situated on the major railway line connecting the north and south of india it is possible to take a train from all the major cities of the country like delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad etc.
Warangal is very well connected by bus to Hyderabad, the closest big city with a high frequency of various quality services.
As of now the 1000 Pillars temple is under construction and nothing is visible, so plan accordingly
Auto-rickshaws which are three wheeled motor powered vehicles, with a carrying capacity of up to three. Autos ply on the main road between warangal railway station and kazipet railway station which is about 20 km away. There is no standardised metered tarrif and one has to either share a single auto with others or negotiate a charge for single occupancy. One can drop down at Kazipet or Warangal railway stations, both are like twin cities. You also have Hanamkonda in between Warangal and Kazipet which are like Tricities. These 3 cities are well connected. In between the Warangal and Kazipet there is a major railway crossing which divides the trains towards Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad. You can take a two day trip to Warangal the places listed except Ramappa are within the 10-20 km circle. and one day you can spend for Ramappa which is about 70 km from the Warangal city. Roaming in an auto will be very cheap. You can also travel using city bus. The costliest hotels are Ratna and Ashoka where the room costs about 400 for SR without AC and 600-700 for Single AC. The railway stattion in Kazipet is Junction.
- Warangal Fort
- Thousand Pillared temple
- Ramappa Temple and Lake
- Siddeshwara Temple built in 3rd century
- Bhadrakali Temple
- Padmakshi Temple
- Govindarajula Gutta
- Pakhal Lake
- Kakatiya Musical Garden
- Kakatiya Rock Garden
- National Institute of Technology
- Eturnagaram Forest Wildlife Refuge
- Rayaparthy Shiva Temple built in 18th century
You can take a one day tour of Warangal Fort,Thousand Pillar Temple and Bhadrakali Temple' Kakatiya Musical Garden' which are situated in side the city.
The main hotels have some of the best restaurants in the city and serve both south Indian as well as north Indian food.
There are also many dhabas and bars & restaurants. The food quality is the best, and have the authentic 'Dhaba' taste.
- Hotel Landmark Residency (Near Water Tank), Warangal-Kazipet Road, Nakkalagutta, Hanumakonda, Warangal, ☎ :0870-2546111/222/333, Email: [email protected], . Landmark is a new 3 star hotel in Warangal, one of few upscale hotels around, which in addition to the three in-house restaurants, also carries two banquet halls for official meetings and parties.
- City Grand Hotel, S.V.P Road, Rangampet, Warangal, ☎ :0870-2454587.
- Hotel Suprabha, Hanumakonda, Warangal, ☎ :0870-2573888, .
- Punnami Hotel (AP Tourism Hotel), Kazipet, Warangal, ☎ :0870 2432312, .
- Ratna Hotel, Warangal.
- Ashoka Hotel (Hanamkonda), Warangal (near ashoka theater).
- Hima Residency, Near N.I.T, Warangal (beside Sri Kalinga Restaurant), ☎ 0870-2456522. Its located near to National Institute Of Technology.
- Hima Residency, Near N.I.T, Warangal (beside Sri Kalinga Restaurant).
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|