Viareggio is a smaller city in Tuscany, that is in the province of Lucca in Italy. The city is 23.76 miles to Pisa, 17.67 miles to Masa, 29.87 miles to Livorno, and 59.5 miles to Firenze. The city is a great destination for family, because of its many expansive beaches, and friendly locals. The town is famous for its carnival Carnivale di Viareggio in a neighboring city Torre del Lago.
The Town is gay friendly, and is surrounded by many attractive cities. It is also a less expensive alternative to some surrounding beach towns. The city is located on the beautiful Mar Tirreno, and the country surrounding the city is the home of beautiful hills, and quaint farm houses.
- Great day trips can be taken to neighboring Lucca! Some great trips include going to:
- Guinigi Tower, a tower from the 15th century, at the home of Lucca's leading family. The tower is unique because if its spectacular oaks that grou through the tall structure.
- Duomo di San Martino is the home of Volto Santo (Holy Face) A wooden figure of Christ that is believed to have the actual face of Christ.
- A trip to the 'walls that surrounded the city in the 16th and 19th centuries is always beautiful, but they are paved on top, and a bike trip around the top makes the experience unforgetable.
- Collodi is a beautiful town that is also the birthplace of Pincchio. Pinocchio Park is a must for families with small children, thoufh adults can take tours of the famous villas.
When you stay in Viareggio, you can stay in a lot very comfortable hotels.
- Principe di Piemonte, Piazza Puccini 1. The Principe di Piemonte Hotel is located on the promenade within close proximity to shops, bars and restaurants. Only 800 meters from the centre of Viareggio.
- Astor Hotel Viareggio, Viale Carducci 54. Hotel Astor is ideally located in the best position fronts to the sea and the most famous Viareggio’s promenade for shopping, nearby the natural pinewoods for free wellness and sport activities.