Großer Straße in Verden an der Aller
Verden an der Aller is in Lower Saxony.
Verden an der Aller, also called Verden (Aller) or simply Verden, is a town in Lower Saxony, Germany, on the river Aller. It is the administrative centre of the district of Verden. Verden is famous for the massacre of Saxons in 782, committed on the orders of Charlemagne (the Massacre of Verden), for its cathedral, and for its horse breeding.
- A7 Take exit 48-Dreieck Walsrode to merge onto A27 toward Bremen/Walsrode. Take exit 26-Verden-Ost toward Verden/Kirchlinteln. Turn right onto Osterkrug/L171 (signs for Verden).
- A27 Take exit 53-Bremer Kreuz on the left to merge onto A27 toward Hannover/Achim. Take exit 25-Verden-Nord for B215 toward Verden/Nienburg/Rotenburg. Turn right onto Hamburger Str./B215 (signs for Nienburg/Verden). Turn left onto Johanniswall/L171.
- Walk If you are feeling energetic, why not walk around the town.
- Verden Cathedral, Lugenstein 10-12, Verden 27283, ☎ 04231 9390, . The Cathedral at Verden is an interesting building of a mis-matched style. Although a Gothic hall church in nature, it incorporates the tower and cloister of the original Romanesque church on the site. Although not of the scale of other German cathedrals, this is still noteworthy as one of the earliest Gothic hall-style churches around.
- German Horse Museum, Am Holzmarkt 9, 27283 Verden, ☎ 04231 807140, . Tues - Sat 1000-1700. You can see the world through a horse's eyes using special mirror glasses. A further highlight is the library, with more than 15,000 books describing the history of the horse. Adult €3, Youn people (5-18) €1.50, Child (0-4) Free.
- Magic Park, Heideweg 3 - 7, 27283 Verden (Can be reached via the A27, exit Verden Ost, The park is only a minute away from the exit.), ☎ 04231 661110, . Mon-Sun 0930-1800. The Magic Park is a theme park for smaller children to enjoy. There is a petting zoo in the middle of the park for the children to interact with the animals. Adult €15, Child (4-12) €13 Infant (0-3) Free.
- Boat Trip on Ms Stadt Verden, ☎ 05021 919316, . Discover Verden from the water on the "MS Stadt Verden“. You can experience the town and the surrounding areas from a different perspective.
- Dodenhof, Posthausen 1. 28869 Posthausen (Along the A27, exit Posthausen, follow the sign to the Dodenhof, it is straight along the road with the shopping centre on your left hand side.), . Mon-Sat 0900-2000. Enjoy a great day of shopping in the largest shopping centre in the North! This amazing shopping centre has many different departments including clothing, sports, art hourse, furniture, gourmet food store and electronics. There are 5000 parking free parking spaces.
- Domschänke, Lugenstein 11/13, 27283 Verden, ☎ 04231 939960, . Their cuisine focuses on the changing of seasons, according to traditional recipes and modern international cuisine.
- Zohrab Hamo Internetcafe Stifthofstr. 5, 27283 Verden/Aller, Tel: 04231 671740