Valle del Cauca
This region is rich in agriculture, most of it from the sugar cane plantations but also in the north you can find big grape vineyards and coffe plantations.
- Cali : the capital of the department of Valle del Cauca. It has a large number of attractions and is well known for the night life. Here you can find the best salsa dancers.
- Buenaventura : Biggest port on the pacific side.
- Lago Calima : a big artificial lake with beautiful farms and resorts, popular for windsurfing and kitesurfing for its steady wind.
- San Cipriano : small village where you can enjoy the river and the nature, accessible with a motorbike-propelled vehicle that utilize the train tracks.
- Ladrilleros : beach town with possible whale watching.
- Pance : Hiking trekking birdwatching.
Call for a taxi to peak you up or rent a car. If in Cali you can use the MIO, the system of mass transportation.
- Enjoy "La Feria de Cali", is the biggest festival in Cali that is celebrated every December.
- Cali Zoo is famous for its variety and beauty.
- Visit Buga and "El Senor de los Milagros" which is a very old and interesting church.
- Cali Plaza Hotel Restaurant A favorite hang-out for International Tourists, FREE Wi-Fi. Calle 15 Norte No. 6N-37 - Granada Barrio - Zona Rosa - 57 2 668 2611 - [email protected] "http://www.caliplaza.com"
Sancocho de Ginebra, Cholados in Jamundi, Tostadas in Vijes, and every small town has delicious restaurants that any tourist will enjoy.
Instead of supporting big hotels and chains you can also trust the many small and simple restaurants that offer lunch (plate with meat and rice and beans, a soup, and a drink) for just under 3 dollars.
Personal safety in the Valle del Cauca Department is a major priority, especially in the rural areas near the cities of Pradera, Florida, and Palmira. As of 2010 the guerrilla movements FARC and ELN have a heavy presence in many rural areas. These armed groups have for decades been notorious for killings and kidnappings throughout the country. Always travel with a trusted native Colombia when traveling anywhere in the Department. Also stay on main highways, especially during the night. Never travel alone.
Valle del Cauca is an area classified as "do not travel" by The Australian State Department due to the extreme amount of violence in this region.  This travel warning was issued in December 2010.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|