Vágur is a town on Suðuroy.
- Ruth Smith Art Museum (Ruth Smith Savnið), Vágsvegur 101 (In the western part of the village next to the DJ Vilhelm supermarket.), ☎ +298 597368, . By appointment. Ruth Smith (1913-1958) was born in Vágur and grew up here too. Later she moved to Denmark, where she studied art. She is famous in several countries. In the museum you can see art works by Ruth Smith. 30 DKK.
- Bakkin Restaurant and Pizzeria, Vágsvegur 69 (On the mainroad in the center of the town.), ☎ +298 373961. Restaurant Bakkin is situated on the Hotel Bakkin. The restaurant is normally open in the evening from 17-22 and sometimes also at noon for 1 hour (12-13). In the evening you can order fish and chips, pizza, steak etc.
- Messan Restaurant, Vágsvegur 109 (At the bottom of the fjord.), ☎ +298 374222. 12-13 and 17-22. Opening hours may be different than they were, when this was written, please check. Open at noon from 12-13 and in the evenings from 17-22. They serve steaks, fish & chips and fast food. Messan has permission to serve wine.
- Broadway Restaurant (Broadway Bovlinghøllin), Bryggjan 4 (In the harbor.), ☎ +374999, . The Broadway Restaurant is in the Bowling Center. They serve mainly fastfood. The restaurant is open when the bowling center is open. In 2009 that is thursday-sunday from 17-22. Website: www.broadway.fo. E-mail: [email protected]
- Hotel Bakkin, Vágsvegur 69, ☎ +298 373961. Hotel Bakkin is a small hotel/inn, which is situated in the center of Vágur. Hotel Bakkin has 10 rooms: 2 single rooms with bathroom, 2 double rooms with bathroom, 3 single rooms with shared bathroom and 3 double rooms with shared bathroom. There is a restaurant and a bar on the hotel. Sea view.