Uva is a province in Sri Lanka.
- Badulla is the capital city of Uva Province. It is a romantic spot surrounded by tea plantations.
- Moneragala town is the capital city of the same district. located about 50 k.m. from Badulla on the highway A°4 leading to Pottuvil on the eastern coast.
- Haputale is a village of the hill country, sorrounded by tea estates. There's also a little Anglican Church (St Andrews) on the Bandarawela road.
- Bandarawela is a busy market town 10 km north of Haputale.
- Sorabora Wewa
The most famous place for tourism. Sleepy small town. Many places to visit in Ella. Tea factorie,water falls,temples,Ella rock,Little adams'peak,Little world'send etc.
The train journey from Colombo to Badulla keeps about 9 hours. Trains
run along the Mahaweli River Valley among green mountains, offering
splendid wiews on the highlands, tea crops and countless waterfalls.
- Buduruwagala Rock Carvings Five kilometres south of Wellawaya, on the road to Tissa there are seven statues carved out of a rock. The tallest one, depicting the Buddha, is 50 feet tall. Buduruwagala means "stone images of the Buddha"
- The Maligawila Buddha statue carved out of stone, stands in a blessing posture. It is 37 feet and 10 inches tall. The spot is close to Buttala village.
- The Uda Walawe National Park was established in 1972 to protect the Walawe reservoir. Wildlife includes elephants, crocodiles, jackals, buffalo etc.
- The Maduru Oya National Park 300 k.m. away from Colombo in the dry zone. The fascinating Veddas tribes, members of any of the aboriginal people of Sri Lanka, are still living in the Park.
- Dunhinda Falls 3 k.m. from Badulla town
- Manawela Falls 12 k.m. from Welimada
- Diyaluma Falls It is 220m (570ft) in height and very close to the A-4 road between Koslanda and Wellawaya.
- Bandarawela Hotel - Rooms 36
- Orient Hotel - Tel. 2252561/2 - Rooms 36
- Queens Hotel - Rooms 90
- Himalie Guest House Badulla Road, Bindunuwewa - Tel.057-2362.
- Ideal Resort Welimada Road - Tel. 057-22476 - Rooms:8.
- Rose Villa Off Poonagalla Road - Tel. 057-22329 - Rooms: 3.
- Badulla New Tourist Inn 122, Dunhinda Falls Road Badulla - Tel. 055-23423 - Rooms: 30.
- Dunhinda Falls Inn 35/11 1/1, Bandaranaike Mw - Tel. 055-22406,23028 - Rooms: 20.
- Eagle's Nest 159, Lower Street - Tel. 055-22841 - Rooms: 13.
- River Side Holiday Inn 27, Lower King Street - Tel. 055-22090 - Rooms: 6
Haputale Homepage: http://www.haputale.de
- High Cliffe 15, Station Road - Tel. 057-68096 Rooms:6
police Station road ,Ella.
With three upstair balconey rooms. Attached bath rooms with hot water. Eastern,Western,Indian,Chinese foods.
open upstair terace is ideal for reading.
one day tour arrangements,taxi service,Internet,
loundry service,local & IDD calls,free cookery demonstrations available.
e- [email protected] /[email protected]
phone - 057 2228673