Uva is a province in Sri Lanka.
- Badulla - the capital city of Uva Province, a romantic spot surrounded by tea plantations
- Bandarawela - a busy market town 10 km north of Haputale
- Ella - the most famous place for tourism, sleepy small town with many places to visit
- Haputale - a village of the hill country, surrounded by tea estates; there's also a little Anglican Church (St Andrews) on the Bandarawela Road
- Moneragala - capital city of the same district, located about 50 km from Badulla on the highway A°4 leading to Pottuvil on the eastern coast
The train journey from Colombo takes about 9 hours, and runs along the Mahaweli River Valley among green mountains, offering
splendid wiews on the highlands, tea crops and countless waterfalls.
- Buduruwagala Rock Carvings Five kilometres south of Wellawaya, on the road to Tissa there are seven statues carved out of a rock. The tallest one, depicting the Buddha, is 50 feet tall. Buduruwagala means "stone images of the Buddha"
- The Maligawila Buddha statue carved out of stone, stands in a blessing posture. It is 37 feet and 10 inches tall. The spot is close to Buttala village.
- The Uda Walawe National Park was established in 1972 to protect the Walawe reservoir. Wildlife includes elephants, crocodiles, jackals, buffalo etc.
- The Maduru Oya National Park 300 km away from Colombo in the dry zone. The fascinating Veddas tribes, members of any of the aboriginal people of Sri Lanka, are still living in the Park.
- Dunhinda Falls 3 km from Badulla town
- Manawela Falls 12 km from Welimada
- Diyaluma Falls It is 220m (570ft) in height and very close to the A-4 road between Koslanda and Wellawaya.
- Ella Dream Cafe (1000m), Wellawaya Road (Village centre), ☎ 0572228950. All Day. Really good place with well cooked western dishes,fresh fish and veggie as well as Hill Country specials. Very attentive service. Best fish&chips in Lanka! 4 to 7$.
- Bandarawela Hotel - Rooms 36
- Orient Hotel, Tel. 0094572222377. Rooms 50
- Queens Hotel - Rooms 2622.214.171.124 08:23, 12 July 2009 (EDT)
- Himalie Guest House, Badulla Road, Bindunuwewa, Tel.057-2362.
- Ideal Resort, Welimada Road, Tel. 057-22476. - Rooms: 8.
- Rose Villa, Off Poonagalla Road, Tel. 057-22329. - Rooms: 3.
- Summer cottage No 147,Helamuduna,Tel.057-2230304 -Holiday Bangalow
- High Cliffe 15, Station Road - Tel. 057-68096 Rooms:6
- White Monkey - Dias Rest, Hillside Thotulagala, Dambatenne Road km post 3, Cottage: 1 - Family Rooms: 2, Tel.: +94-(0)57-5681027, .