Hello, WindowsNT! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
Thanks for leaving the notice that the article needs an update. I totally agree. Do you think you could help us with this article? We would be very thankful. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 15:15, 16 July 2013 (EDT)
- Great job! Thank you so much for your time! Travel photography article looks fresh and up-dated now thanks to you! We would love to see more of your edits. Are you planning on working on some new articles now? Thanks again! Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 14:02, 29 July 2013 (EDT)
- Yes I can create new articles, do you have any idea on more travel topics which can be created? (I can focus in technology - related articles like the Photography). Also, almost all country-related sites are outlines because the requirement for a usable article is that all sub-articles are also usable+. I 'm not that sure if this is correct, for example I 've been editing the Jordan page and it seems to me fairly complete to be upgraded to usable, but the subsections there have no chance to ever become usable (like the desert castles or some small towns). Perhaps we can discuss that as well.
- Thanks for reply, WindowsNT! It's great you would like to help us with more articles about travel topics. Try to connect with User:Mousy mouse who is helping us a lot with Travel topics. Maybe he will give us some ideas which articles we need. Or maybe you have some suggestions? Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 18:47, 31 July 2013 (EDT)
- Yes I 'll contact him and I also have some ideas; I started a topic about GPS. WindowsNT (talk) 04:58, 1 August 2013 (EDT)
- Beautiful! Thank you! IBAlex (talk) 13:21, 1 August 2013 (EDT)
- With your permission I can also upgrade the Internet Access/while abroad and merge them to a modern article Stay online. WindowsNT (talk) 09:27, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- Sounds good, WindowsNT! Would be great to have updated articles here on Wikitravel! Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 13:33, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
Upgrading Jordan to usable article
Thanks for bringing up the topic of upgrading Jordan to usable article! I have just checked country guide status page that lists all the requirements what we should do to reach our goal. I would say;
- Developing a page for Salt. I have just created a stub page (article with a template) and now we need some content. Also, creating pages for Azraq and Desert Castles. All those pages should have usable status or better.
- Get In section- would you say it’s complete?
- Culture- would you be able to write a little bit more about the culture? I think some more information on this topic would be valuable for the travelers
- See- We would need to have more information about the most prominent attraction.
WindowsNT, do you think you could help us with Jordan article? Thank you a lot! Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 18:47, 31 July 2013 (EDT)
- Hello again.
- * Salt is not a major tourist attraction in Jordan. I practically went in most tourist places there and Salt was not one of them. Plus, almost none of the European tour groups include Salt in their schedule. If the article status has to rely on Salt, perhaps a native user can help, or I can try editing it based on my experience on the area (e.g. how to get in, around etc) and other 3rd party information. But that would not be wise in my opinion.
- * Azraq should be merged with Desert Castles. Actually all the castles around Jordan involve some desert, and there are too many in fact. Only 3 or 4 of them are tourist attractions (for the rest are almost destroyed). I 've visited them all and will try to create the article.
- * Yes, the Get In section is OK(the Syria warning should be removed).
- * About the culture, yes I can improve it, although I am not sure where this 'standing in lines' was seen. I never encountered such an issue, and, after all, travellers there are likely to have their tour operator get all their tickets for them (for it's rare that one would travel to Jordan independently).
- * The most prominent attractions there are Petra, Jerash, Dead Sea. I can improve all the sections.
- WindowsNT (talk) 07:02, 3 August 2013 (EDT)
- WindowsNT, thank you for your willingness to help! That's great! We would love to see some updates in the Jordan article. You are the expert here so if you are saying that Salt is not a major tourist destination, maybe we should remove it from the Top 9 Cities list? What would you say? Under the subsection "Cities" we should only list the best and most important tourist destinations. Please feel free to merge Azraq and Desert Castles. let me know if you have any questions. Again, thank for your help! Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 14:13, 5 August 2013 (EDT)