swept in from User talk:Ravikiran r
Okay Ravi, I know that you're very busy, but could you please look through my sandbox and gimme some feedback on the English-Hindi translations that I've been doing for wikitravel-specific vocab. I want to launch a Hindi wikitravel expedition by next month if all goes well... :)
And see if you can come up with Hindi terms for docent, VfD and iterenary, Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 08:10, 12 March 2007 (EDT)
- ____ का प्ऱस्ताव् (Check with Wikipedia what they use...)
I will come up with more suggestions later. BTW, have you seen this ?
P.S. How's Bombay progressing? :) Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) •
- By the end of this month, I hope to make it a guide. — Ravikiran 10:45, 12 March 2007 (EDT)
Thanks for the link. It is awesome, just type in Roman and out comes the Hindi font! I have translated the welcome note already, take a look (User:Upamanyuwikitravel/Sandbox) Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 05:24, 13 March 2007 (EDT)
- मार्गदर्शक is an excellent suggestion for docent.
- I dunno what Hi:Wp uses for VfD (well, they use AfD in en). I opened AfD but couldn't find the hindi link in the other languages box. How about हटाने का प्रस्ताव ?
- Do you mean भ्रमण पथ ? That's good. I was think about विचरण पथ but भ्रमण is a better word.
Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 05:24, 13 March 2007 (EDT)
Hey Ravi, please sign up for the Hindi wikitravel expedition. I know you're very busy, but we need an experienced wikitraveller and well, I still have a lot of stuff to learn... (I'm not an admin either) Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 07:45, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
And we need translations for the following...
- Off the beaten Path (— हायवे से हटके?? — Ravikiran 23:33, 15 March 2007 (EDT))
- Policies and guidelines (— नीति एवम् सूची — Ravikiran 23:33, 15 March 2007 (EDT))
- Done, but who's going to write the articles? It is one thing to do the translations. It is another to actually write the guides. Very tough to do. We need some solid committed people for that. Please don't start the language version till we have at least 4-5 people. — Ravikiran 23:28, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not going to start it until we have at least 8 guys :), I realize that writing guides ain't a joke. I'm still working hard on translating the MoS - User:Upamanyuwikitravel/Sandbox#MoS. If you have spare time, please try to translate a page or two, but if you're busy, no problem :) . I hope it's OK if I encourage my classmates to join because my friend Himanshu will definitely sign up. One wikipedian from the hi:wikipedia, Mitul, has also agreed to join. And User:Yann will also probably accept, I've asked him on his user-page, but perhaps I'll add it in French to his fr: page, he's more active out there. BTW, on the 5-point scale used for babels, what would you rate yourself for Hindi - 3,4 or 5?? -- Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 06:34, 16 March 2007 (EDT)
- I think that Yann is a she... Not sure. On a 4 for Hindi. Also, did you have a look at my suggestions above? Also, this page is getting too messy. Can you create a page as a subpage of the Hindi expedition page, where everyone can chip in with suggestions for all translations? That will be easier to keep track of. — Ravikiran 02:22, 17 March 2007 (EDT)
You wanted a hard-working comminted guy. Well, I've found one. shared:User:Mitul. Advanced level in both Hindi and English, as well as an admin on the hi:WP
Now for 3-4 more.... Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 12:11, 16 March 2007 (EDT)
- Great! — Ravikiran 02:22, 17 March 2007 (EDT)
- Ya, of course I will add your suggestions to the wt:specific vocab list. So you're on a 4 for Hindi, 3 for Mrathi? Upamanyuwikitravel • ( Talk ) • ( Travel ) • 05:52, 17 March 2007 (EDT)