Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- OVK (talk) 01:23, 10 May 2014 (EDT)
- Thanks again! You added many quickbars to various articles yesterday, excellent job! Adzas (talk) 06:51, 3 August 2014 (EDT)
New York CityEdit
- You're welcome, it's always nice to have others thank others for their work. Seqqis (talk) 19:48, 6 October 2014 (EDT)
- Consensus should never be set in stone but Template:Quickbar currently states:
- "This template places a consistently-formatted summary of standard information at the top of every country article. Note that per current consensus, quickbars should ONLY be used for articles about sovereign countries and their separately-administered territories (generally speaking, places with their own 2-character ISO country code and Internet Top-Level Domain). It should not be used for US states, Canadian provinces, or any other article type. Please discuss on the Template talk:Quickbar page if you feel that quickbars should be used for other article types."
- One difficulty with adding quickbars elsewhere is that editors like to endlessly debate exactly what type of government system they have, how it should be characterised, what languages are officially used and other WP style discussions rather than adding material of real use to travellers... --Ttcf (talk) 20:57, 6 November 2014 (EST)
Thank you for your valuable contributions!Edit
Thank you so much for your valuable contributions. We really appreciate it. It's editors like you that make Wikitravel a better place. I just noticed that you've left messagese on the talk page of several spammy users (we call them "spambots", and they may not be real persons for all we know). That's very kind and thoughtful. But we have to delete their spam articles, their accounts permanently, and block them to keep them from creating more spam articles which has nothing at all to do with our goals. As much as I personally hate it, I have to also delete the message you left on their talk pages. I hope this is find with you. We'd love to see more of your valuable contributions in the future. Please feel free to ask if you have any question at all. Cheers! --Binbin (talk) 06:31, 25 October 2014 (EDT)
My turn to thank you so much for keeping creating good information all over Wikitravel! If I don't mistake, you're the one (or among those) who added a quickbar to some city pages. I opened a discussion in the Pub rather than on the dead-ended Template talk:Quickbar page, to reach more people, get more opinions, and because I'm convinced what was true for WT in 2007 isn't necessarily true now. I would suggest (just a suggestion) you stop adding quickbars to cities for now, until a consensus is reached. Of course your opinion is more than welcome. Cheers! PierrB (talk) 22:53, 15 November 2014 (EST)
- Sometimes discussions end because there's nothing new to say. Sometimes they seem to "deadend" because editors can't be bothered to add any new points (or counter old un-answered points) on the right page.
- The Pub is a good place to draw attention to this issue but substantive points should be made at Template talk:Quickbar and not at the Pub so that we do not have to re-invent the wheel!
- I'm really waiting with bated breath to find out exactly what has changed in the 7 years to overturn the existing consensus. And please remember that a consensus is not arrived at by voting. Just because newcomers are either unaware of or can't be bothered to read old arguments doesn't mean that those arguments are invalid or redundant. New consensus requires new material argumentation.
- What we can agree on is that new quickbars should not be added to cities (or other settlements or regions) until and unless a new consensus has been reached and the existing policy pages prohibiting their use have been changed. Meanwhile, please add your input at Template talk:Towntips... --Ttcf (talk) 00:55, 16 November 2014 (EST)
You may wish to comment at Talk:United_States_of_America#This_guide_is_too_big --Babaying balikbayan (talk) 02:22, 4 February 2015 (EST)