Hello, Joaoleitao! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
Thank you for your work on the Morocco guides, but please see our policy on tours, as well as Wikitravel:External links—we only allow primary links for listings (so no links to other travel guides). --Peter Talk 17:38, 23 February 2009 (EST)
- Not quite. What's necessary is to show that the tour offers some value-added activity, which travelers couldn't reasonably do on their own. So a hot air balloon tour is clearly value-added; treks into the High Atlas are less so, but still within bounds, I'd say. --Peter Talk 17:57, 23 February 2009 (EST)
- By the way, you can automatically sign your posts by typing four tildes (~~~~). --Peter Talk 17:57, 23 February 2009 (EST)
Great work on Erfoud! --Peter Talk 13:04, 10 June 2010 (EDT)
- Hi! Just wanted to thank you for your work in Erfoud. Would you mind to add some discription to the added hotels? Keep up the good work, jan 11:22, 1 July 2010 (EDT)
Hello Peter and Jan, thank you for the support. Ill do my best to build strong and accurate pages. :) thank you Joaoleitao 07:27, 2 July 2010 (EDT)
- Re: your request for advice on Erfoud: first, fantastic work; the article looks really great, and we could probably consider it for an Off the Beaten Path feature on the main page. Second, Jan's suggestion of hotel descriptions is a good one. It would certainly be worthwhile to add an understand section to the top of the article. I would also recommend creating short section introductions for see, do, buy, eat, etc. Also, you might try looking over some of our Wikitravel:Star articles for inspiration—Ubud is a great example of what an article for a small, but interesting town should ideally look like. I'll keep an eye on your work on the article and try to offer more advice as you develop it! --Peter Talk 22:24, 4 July 2010 (EDT)
Thanks a lot for your contributions to Saharan Morocco article, plunging forward is great, but region articles like that are really meant to provide an overview of the region, not to list several sights, restaurants, and so on. So would you mind to move the listings you added to that article to their respective city articles, such as Erfoud? – Vidimian 06:05, 2 July 2010 (EDT)
hello! thank you. yes im just trying to gather information from all the region into one for a quick overview of the region. after is someone got interested they are directed to respective city articles. thank you.
- Hi. With an "overview", I was meaning something more like "the specialities of this part of the country include, couscous à la désert, Saharan kaliya, ..." (yeah, totally made those up), not quick lists of restaurants. However, mentioning the restaurants shortly is of course OK if those restaurants are the main reasons of travel to those towns or into the region. – Vidimian 06:23, 2 July 2010 (EDT)
Hello! Yes you are right! Ill do my best, im trying to organize the page. wait for better. thank you for the advise. greetings from Sahara! :)
Joaoleitao 07:26, 2 July 2010 (EDT)
- Ah, OK. Give me a shout if you need any assistance or an extra hand in the process. – Vidimian 07:50, 2 July 2010 (EDT)