So, first of all, thanks so much for the German phrasebook (well, the beginnings -- there's a lot more phrases to do in the phrasebook template, but we're getting there). One thing I'm wondering about is the GFDL agreements. I think we need some more discussion about this on Wikitravel -- it's obviously useful for other sites to let our work be also licensed under the GFDL, but there are some difficulties. I'm gonna start a page on dual licensing, which I hope you can contribute to. -- Evan 07:23, 2 Nov 2003 (PST)
OK, then I'll wait for more details in dual licensing -- Hansm 08:04, 2003 Nov 2 (PST)
- OK, so, Wikitravel:dual licensing is done. Please check there for details on how to label your articles as dual-licensed. I'd appreciate it if you could take the GFDL license statements you added today off the articles themselves and add them to the Talk: pages instead. I can do it if you don't want to or have time to. -- Evan 09:58, 2 Nov 2003 (PST)
Please see Wikitravel:Internal links for how to do a "See also" section. -- Evan 07:22, 12 Nov 2003 (PST)
- OK,Evan. But there is not yet an appropriate text where I could have placed the EU link.
- Right. That's why you do a "See also: [[Link 1]], [[Link 2]]" at the end of the section or article. The "=See Also=" stuff is what I'm talking about. -- Evan 07:33, 12 Nov 2003 (PST)
Hans, I responded to your question about itineraries on Wikitravel talk:Itinerary article template. Akubra 11:15, 18 Apr 2004 (EDT)
So, it looks like we've got a critical mass of people ready to make the German Wikitravel Expedition happen. Are you still interested? --Evan 15:30, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Yes, Evan. I've just returned from 4 weeks of holidays ;-)
wenn es geht, werde ich mir die Dinge weiter ansehen.
Leider habe ich derzeit ein wenig Prüfungsstress und fast keine Zeit.
Deswegen habe ich mich auch nicht bei der deutschen Expedition eingetragen.
Ich habe zwar Lust, hin und wieder was beizutragen, kann aber nicht zuverlässig und dauerhaft dabei sein ...
ciao, --zeno 17:26, Sep 16, 2004 (EDT)
- May we talk German here? - Egal, jetzt. Geht mir ähnlich. Habe zwar keine Prüfungen, aber meine Zeit ist nicht endlos. Im Moment kann ich einiges tun und möchte die Sache voran bringen, aber nächste Woche kann es schon ganz anders aussehen. Ich hoffe einfach, dass dann irgend jemand anderes die Sache weiter bringt. Wir werden sehen, schlimmsten Falls dauert's halt einfach noch etwas länger. Auf jeden Fall habe ich die Wahlen zu Go-Between mal - zugegebenermaßen ziemlich wilkürlich und selbstherrlich - auf 4 Wochen angesetzt. Wir brauchen da wohl etwas mehr Zeit ;-)
- Auch wenn du jetzt nur sporadisch Zeit hast und sicherlich anders im Kopf hast (haben musst), ich bin wirklich froh für jede Korrektur und Anregung, die du machen kannst. Also, wenn du ab und zu zum Feierabend noch mal ein paar Übersetzungen lesen und korrigieren könntest, wärst du auf jeden Fall schon eine große Hilfe.
- Ich wünsche Dir alles Gute für deine Prüfungen. Wird schon schief geh'n. -- Hansm 19:48, 2004 Sep 16 (EDT)
Hans, I hope you'll reconsider putting your name back in the running for go-between. Your English is more than adequate -- if you can communicate with me, you're good enough to do the job.
More important to me is that you've been a Wikitraveller for such a long time, and you understand the "Wikitravel way". It'd be nice to have an "old hand" working as the go-between. --Evan 13:10, 20 Sep 2004 (EDT)
- Thanks, Evan, for the nice words. But there are two reasons against becoming go-between permanenty: 1. Writing in English is still a hard job for me and it runs much less flowently than in my mother tongue German. 2. As you can see in my contribution list, my working style is not continuously enough. If there is other work (this one I earn my money from) to do, it easyly can happen that I cannot contribute for weeks. Being one of 8 German admins, this does not count so much, but as go-between, it's different.
- Hans, as far as I can see, you almost won the elections for the Go-Between, though you don't want it. As your main problem seem to be your missing english capabilities, let me be your translator. I am not reliable enough to be the Go-Between myself and a bad technician, but you can count on me as a language-assistant. And after a while, when de:wikitravel took off, you might give the job to someone else, just bring us through the sensitive starting-phase, please. How about that ? Denisoliver 07:09, 27 Sep 2004 (EDT)
- Denisoliver, the actual idea was that Evan was going to start up the German Language Version and I would work as "temporary go-between" until the elections are over. But Evan is quite busy at the time, so for now, the go-between is not yet needed. Anyway, consider the amount of work I did in the last two weeks as exceptional. I really want to see the German Wikitravel taking off, and of course I want to help organizing it later, but I cannot promise to work on it so continuously. At the other hand, if it should turn out that we don't find any go-between in the elections, I could do the job temporarily, but only temporarily. In this case, I would strongly rely on all of you that are much better in writing English. And then, one of my important aims would be to find candidates for the permanent go-between.
- Concerning the election mode, I fear, the explanations I have copied from the French Wikitravel Expedition, are very ambiguous. I assume that you wanted to vote for me and I'm going to change the place where you have put your vote.
- --Hansm 10:32, 2004 Sep 27 (EDT)
I think that the file is a great start and that we can leave it this way. Later when we really have to work with it or when new users start to ask questions we will see if there are missunderstandings or something like that and then (at least I hope so) we can still make minor changes to eliminate problems. Cecil 08:53, 21 Sep 2004 (EDT)
Es ist traurig, aber wahr: An diesem Wochenende (2./3.10.2004) habe ich nicht sehr viel Zeit für Wikitravel. Das ist schade, denn gerade jetzt kurz vor dem Start gibt's ja noch einiges zu tun. -- Hansm 12:02, 2004 Oct 1 (EDT)
- Bist du grad online? Dann könntest du das Kuddelmuddel der verschiedenen Artikelnamen und Anreden usw entwirren und die Verweise auf andere Sprachen einfügen. Ich übersetze eigentlich lieber. Cecil 15:01, 5 Oct 2004 (EDT)