Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Hello, GiulioC! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. IBAlex 15:35, 20 March 2013 (EDT)
- Ohoy matey and welcome aboard! Good to have more capable hands on deck! --OVK 16:04, 23 March 2013 (EDT)
alert on a troll in Australia
Be advised a troll named DonSantiagoAU has not only threatened the integrity of the page with fake edits, blanking, and using IPs to abused editing but is also trying to to delete information he doesn't like and is resorting to personal attacks against me on the Australia talk page. Tut (talk)
- I'm sorry but I can't tell whether those edits are fake or not since I'm not familiar with LGBTQ issues in Australia. Please use Australia's talk page to discuss those edits. GiulioC (talk) 11:37, 31 December 2020 (EST)
So, I have a problem.
The second day I am not OK with Wikitravel. Yesterday(01.13) I saw how it was broken, because I was on the editing. Now on Wikitravel page constantly jumps Video Clip from the very famous travel company. It would be more like as adds. This appears on Wikitravel page almost in the all sections. Exception only the Wikitravel main page and Recent changes.
This jumping video clip disturbs on working with Wikitravel editions. When I open any city, this video (about 10x15 cm size) jumps in the central position in the area of Understand.
What to do with this? Does it act as the virus or it was vandal work?
It really makes impossible to work on Wikitravel editings and the readings also. On the other side, how Wikitravel page deals with other any user of it? I think somebody sees the same.
To show printscreen in this post no possibility. Tried to write email have the non working address. (Ryte)
- Hi Ryte, we're looking into this issue. Hopefully it will be solved soon. Sorry for the inconvenience! GiulioC (talk) 14:42, 14 January 2021 (EST)
- Hi Ryte, I'm working with tech to resolve this as quickly as possible. Our plan is to turn those adverts off for all logged-in users, pretty much immediately. IBJoel (talk) 14:46, 14 January 2021 (EST)
- It is good, that you known this problem. (Ryte)
- Thank you for the problem solution! (Ryte)
Anti-Semitic, racist troll attacking the Africa page
https://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=User:Fuck_JEWS_1488 please ban, he's obviously not here to build an encyclopedia. Tut (talk)
Update: he made more alts please assist
- I'm sorry I wasn't at the pc, everything looks ok now. GiulioC (talk) 06:50, 21 January 2021 (EST)
Note: found another troll this one has an edgy name, all his edits are vandalism/spam and the username is pro-Nazi in nature. https://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Contributions/I_LOVE_THE_HOLOCAUST_1488Tut (talk)
I have one question. Yesterday I was working with Salta province on Wikitravel and had made very little changes in Cities section. I wrote only one sentence about the capital and resorted the cities. Finally, after the saving, I got result what not satisfy me. I was reverted 5 steps back instead of getting the progress. I did not put any actions for reverting! So, why happens such things? I would like to know the reason, because I noticed reverting process even earlier. Ryte 24 February 2021
- Hi Ryte, looks like you hit the "rollback", this way it automatically reverts all your latest edits. No worries, you can restore those edits anyway through the page history. Let me know if you need help. GiulioC (talk) 03:05, 26 February 2021 (EST)