If I have reverted or changed one of your edits and you don't understand why please check the history
for the article in question or, if you see a blinking red dot on the top-right corner of your screen, read your talk page
. Either of these tools should provide a pointer to the relevant policy or guideline that explains why an edit was removed. Read the referenced policy
. If, after reading the Wikitravel policy, you still have questions, use the article's talk page
to discuss your issue. If you disagree with the policy then read the existing discussions on the policy's talk page and suggest changes. Please do not email me directly
; wikis are collaborative tools so please raise any issues with the community and not with me personally.
I'm Ryan, and I travel to cold places when I can afford to do so - I've been fortunate enough to nearly bankrupt myself by making three visits to Alaska and three trips to the Antarctic. Occasionally I'm found on roadtrips in the United States living in the back of a Subaru, and in moments of temporary insanity I may also lead groups of friends to the Galapagos Islands to swim with sharks and whales.
When not traveling my home is in Culver City (near Los Angeles). Other places where I've slept in the same room for extended periods of time have included the Bay Area, Cleveland, Nashua (NH), and to a lesser extent Phoenix, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur.
Photos, travel logs, contact information and other nonsense can be found at mountaininterval.org. I'm also responsible for jamwiki.org and attempt to maintain an up-to-date backup of Wikitravel content at jamguides.com.
Additionally, I'm one of Wikitravel's soulless functionaries with the ability to change user name and permissions - leave a message on my talk page if you need your user name changed.
- Bots for pages without isIn, status, disamb w/ no disambiguation page, pages that currently trigger the blacklist, listings without http in the URL, etc.
- Finish cleaning up the Hawaii articles, which are a mess of incorrectly-placed listings.
- Play around with some new UI concepts - User:Wrh2/Sandbox.
- Go through the existing Special:Categories and finish cleaning that up.
- Start getting the LA regional structure in place. Mapping LA should be a hugely useful resource for this task.
- Investigate consolidating and standardizing styles for messaging templates.
My first contributions to Wikitravel. Looking at edits made prior to reading every single guideline and policy makes for a humbling reminder of why it is important to be patient with new contributors who don't fully "get" how Wikitravel works :)