Hello. My name is Lizz. I was born in Miami, Florida. Currently, I am a high school student living in Wilmington, North Carolina. If you want to contact me send me an email - [email protected]
I am currently focusing on editing the Wilmington (North Carolina) wiki along with my Wikitravel peers to a higher quality.
In addition to being active in the Wikitravel community, I am also an active member at the TravelPUNK.com message boards.
So far I have only traveled in my home country, the USA. Places I have been include:
- Wilmington (North Carolina)
- Orlando/Walt Disney World
- Naples, Florida
- Asheville, North Carolina
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- Las Vegas
- EUE Screen Gems studio is located on 23rd Street and has tours available. "Dawson's Creek" "One Tree Hill" "Matlock" and now the new NBC show "Surface" filmed or are being filmed in the Wilmington area. Several feature films, such as, "Blue Velvet" "28 Days" "Domestic Disturbance" "Muppets Lost in Space" filmed here as well. Check with the tourism bureau for more information (www.gocapefearcoast.com) and some location FAQs.
- Hit the beach!
- There are several beaches to choose from: Wrightsville Beach (my personal favorite), Carolina Beach, and Kure Beach. Wrightsville and Carolina Beach are crowded in the summer, but there are always good views and good times.
One of the great things about this area, the Cape Fear Coast, is you can easily go back and forth between two entirely different experiences -- historic riverfront of Wilmington and the three beaches mentioned above. Wilmington has many tours and such. The area is home to the Battleship North Carolina, Fort Fisher Historic Site, a great state aquarium (also in Ft Fisher) and the carnivorous plant, Venus Flytrap.