Uddevalla is a city of 50.000 people in Bohuslän, on the west coast of Sweden
Express buses stop at Torp bus station, 7 km west of the city centre. Säfflebussen which runs between Berlin and Oslo and E6-expressen between Gothenburg and Oslo stops here.
There are frequent train connections to Strömstad in the north, Trollhättan (Öxnered) in the east, and Göteborg due south.
The closest airport Trollhättan, about 30 minutes away by car, has flights to Stockholm
- Västtrafik (English) handles the local traffic throughout the city.
During the summer, a regular boat line goes through the fjord, visiting various places.
- Taxi Väst Uddevalla (Swedish), 0522-45 90 00
- The Shellbanks The largest shell banks in the world are in Uddevalla.
- Bohuslän Museum One of Sweden's most visited museums, exhibits feature Bohuslän’s changing history and the living conditions of its inhabitant
- Tureborg The ruins of a medieval-styled castle, built 1899-1912 by Ture Malmgren, founder of Bohusläningen, a local newspaper. Were ravaged by fire in 1950, but the ruins still stands. The castle were filled with secret tunnels, which later were sealed.
- Villa Elfkullen A large building with a very peculiar design, also built by Ture Malmgren. Open to the public on sundays july - september. Like the castle, the building is filled with secret compartments.
Hostel by the sea in Gustafsberg
- Unda camping - 451 94 Uddevalla - 0522-863 47  400 spots, 6 cabins. Good beaches, a nearby nature reserve, several activities during the summer. Open the entire year.
- STF Vandrarhem Gustafsberg Tel: 0522-152 00 . Hostel by the sea in Gustafsberg. Formerly the greater temperated bath house. Located 6 km along the boardwalk.