'''Tusayan''' is a small town located
just outside of the South Rim entrance of the [[Grand Canyon National Park]]. It is most often used by travelers to the park for overnight lodging. |+|
'''Tusayan''' is a small town located the South Rim entrance of the [[Grand Canyon National Park]]. It is most often used by travelers to the park for overnight lodging.
| || |
Revision as of 19:16, 21 February 2010
Tusayan is a small town located two miles from the South Rim entrance of the Grand Canyon National Park. It is most often used by travelers to the park for overnight lodging.
Arizona Route 64 (AZ 64) (conjoined with US highway 180) passes through the center of town. Grand Canyon National Park Airport (GCN) is located in the town and is primarily utilized by companies who provide Grand Canyon air tours and private aircraft. There is also a national park shuttle that serves the town from May through September.
- Imax Movie. Visitors to the south rim can go to the National Geographic IMAX theatre to see half hour presentation of "Grand Canyon, the Hidden Secrets". Showtimes are every hour on the half hour.
- Best Western Squire Inn, ☎ +1 800-622-6966, . The only resort-style property in the area.
- The Grand Hotel, ☎ +1 888-634-7263, . A relatively new hotel with the lobby done up in a kitschy Wild West theme. Rooms are nondescript but adequate. Indoor pool, free wi-fi in lobby. Popular, so book ahead.
- Holiday Inn Express, ☎ +1 888-473-2269, . 164 guest rooms plus 30 one & two-bedroom mini-suites as well as a new indoor pool & spa.
- Red Feather Lodge, 106 Hwy 64, ☎ +1-800-538-2345, . An affordable, pet-friendly Arizona hotel convenient to Grand Canyon National Park Airport.
- Ten-X Campground (Apr-Sep). Located two miles south of Tusayan, this campground is operated by the forest service. Facilities include water and pit toilets. Costs are $10/night. All sites are first-come, first-served.