boats by the Traverse City waterfront
Traverse City is a scenic city of 14,532 people (as of 2000) founded in 1852 on the Grand Traverse Bay of Lake Michigan, in the Grand Traverse Bay Area of Northern Michigan. Traverse City is known as the Cherry Capital of the World; around 75 percent of the nation's cherries are grown in Michigan, and most of those come from the Traverse City area. Directly north of Traverse City, the Old Mission Peninsula splits the Grand Traverse Bay in two, with a beautiful windswept landscape and great views of the bay on either side. Slightly to the west, the Leelanau Peninsula, with its charming small towns, forms the "pinkie finger" of the Michigan peninsula, jutting into Lake Michigan. Both peninsulas are prime winemaking regions within the state, and as such are one of the main tourist attractions in the region. Over a million visitors come each year to tour the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, a scenic lakeside park with impressively large sand dunes. It's also a very popular destination for outdoor activities, owing to the proximity of Lake Michigan in summer, the impressive autumn colors, and the high snowfalls in winter.
- Cherry Capital Airport (IATA: TVC) (ICAO: KTVC), 727 Fly Don't Drive, 231-947–2250, . Northwest, American, United and Delta offer daily flights to Marquette, Minneapolis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Atlanta and New York.
- Indian Trails  provides daily bus service from St. Ignace, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo with connection to Greyhound  service.
- Bay Area Transportation Authority (BATA), 3233 Cass Road, 231-941-2355, . Operates 6:10AM to 6:40PM Monday through Friday, and 8:10 am to 5:40 pm on Saturday; no service on Sundays. Fixed-route service within Traverse City, and an advance-reservation curb-to-curb service in rural Leelanau and Grand Traverse counties. Fares $1.
Old Mission Point lighthouse
- North of Traverse City is one of the area's lighthouses:
- Old Mission Point Lighthouse, Mission Point in Old Mission, 231-529-2333, . Built in 1870 on the 45th parallel, and decommissioned in 1933, it now houses township employees. Located at the tip of the Old Mission peninsula, north of Traverse City.
- Amon Orchards, 8066 US-31 N in Acme, 231-938-1644 or 800-298-3409, . Cherry orchard producing unique and original cherry products like cherry juice concentrate, dried fruit, jams and jellies, sauces and more. U-Pick sweet (light or dark) and tart cherries. Orchard trolley-ride tours available; call for times and prices.
- Traverse Symphony Orchestra, 121 E Front Street suite 301, 231-947-7120, . Founded in 1951, now Northwestern Lower Michigan’s largest resident performing arts organization and only professional orchestra.
- City Opera House, 109 S Union Street, 231-941-8082, . 1891 opera house under renovation and restoration. Theatre productions and dancing.
- Old Town Playhouse, 8th Street and Cass Street, 231-947-2443 or 231-947-2210, . Created in April 1960 to bring amateur theatre to northern Michigan, now boasting a 358-seat mainstage auditorium and an 80-seat studio theatre.
- Dennos Museum Center, 1701 E Front Street, 231-995-1055, . Exhibitions and programs in the visual arts, sciences, and performing arts since 1991. Features three changing exhibit galleries, a sculpture court, a hands-on Discovery Gallery, an Inuit art gallery, the Milliken Auditorium and a museum store.
- Music House Museum, 7377 US-31 N in Acme, 231-938-9300, . Open 10 am to 4 pm most days, May through December. A one-of-a-kind collection of rare antique musical instruments and music-making machines, from 1870 through 1930.
- J. H. Rogers Observatory, 1753 Birmley Road, 231-995-2300, . A 1500-square-foot building offering public viewings once or twice a month; check the website for schedules.
- Traverse City Beach Bums, 333 Stadium Drive, 231-943-0100, . An independent professional baseball club, members of the Frontier Independent Professional Baseball League. Games are played during the summer in in Wuerfel Park, just off US-31 and M-37. Single game tickets are $6 - $60, season tickets $288 - $2,304.
- Turtle Creek Casino, 7741 M-72 E in Williamsburg, 231-534-8888 or 888-777-UWIN,. Open 24 hours a day, year-round. Card games, roulette and craps. On-site Misheekeh Restaurant and Creekside Cafe.
- Centre I.C.E. Arena, 1600 Chartwell Drive, 231-933-7465, . Home of the Detroit Red Wings training camp. Ice skating, hockey, fitness center and hockey camps.
- Timber Lanes Bowling, 1705 S Garfield Avenue, 231-947-2610, . Open M-F 9AM to 5PM, M-W 8:30PM to 12AM, Th-F 8:30PM-1AM; call for lane availability on weekends. 40 lanes of bowling, billards, snack room.
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, 1710 US-31 N, 231-938-9599, . Open 10 am to 11 pm daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day; call for hours during the rest of the season (late April to early October). 18-hole championship adventure golf courses, water coaster, go-carts, bumper boats, kiddy cars, arcade game room. Adults $7.50 - $13, children $6.50 - $11.
- Farmers Markets of Downtown Traverse Sara Hardy Farmers Market, City Market, GT Commons Market.
- Grand Traverse Balloons, Inc., 225 Cross Country Trail, 231-947-RIDE (7433), . Multicolored, seven-story-tall hot air balloons flights over the Grand Traverse Bay area. One-hour sunrise or sunset flights with champagne celebration. $245.
- Traverse City Hang Gliders / Paragliders, 231-922-2844. Paragliding down sand dunes near Lake Michigan.
- Ranch Rudolph, 6841 Brown Bridge Road, 231-947-9529, . A 195-acre four-season resort on the Boardman River, surrounded by the Pere Marquette State Forest. Horseback riding, trail rides, canoeing, inner tubing, hiking, mountain biking, bird watching, fly fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, sports, backpacking, morel hunting, hayrides and more. Motel rooms, bunkhouse and camping available. On-site lodge restaurant.
- American Boat Rentals, LLC, Traverse City, Michigan, 231-645-1191, . Brand New 2007 ski boats, pontoons and wave runners for rent. Hourly, Daily and Weekly.
- Blue Sky Rentals, Inc., 525 High Lake Road or 1995 US-31 N or 2345 US-31 N, 231-633-2583 or 231-633-2584, . Snowmobile, jet ski, water trampoline, deck boat, pontoon boat, jet boat, ski boat and kayak rentals. Guided tours available.
- Sunset Watersports, 803 Bay Street, 231-932-1800, . Ski boat, jet boat, jet ski, pontoon boat, water ski, knee board, wake board, tubes and water trampoline rentals. Boats $325 - $385 for 8 hours; jet skis $45 - $290, pontoon boats $215 - $385; water trampolines $195.
- Traverse Parasail, 1401 US-31 N, 231-929-PARA (7272), . Open 9AM to sunset. Parasailing, jet boats, jet skis, sailboats, pontoons, paddle boats, aqua cycles, kayaks and water trampolines. Parasailing rides last 60 to 90 minutes, $55 - $75 depending on length of line. Jet boats $100 - $350; jet skis $40 - $190; pontoons $120 - $300; paddleboats, aqua cycles and kayaks $10; water trampolines $35 - $50.
- Traverse Bay Parasail, 615 E Front Street, 231-929-7017 or 888-838-UFLY (8359), . Open 9AM-9PM, weather permitting. The minimum weight is 40-50 pounds and maximum of 300-500 pounds depending on wind conditions. It's $70 or $75 for a ride depending on whether you go tandem or single for 800 feet of line. Also offering Banana Boat rides.
- Traverse Tall Ship Company, 13390 SW Bayshore Drive, 231-941-2000 or 800-678-0383, . Two-hour to three-day sailing adventures, wine tasting cruises, astronomy cruises, entertainment nights, bed and breakfast sailing trips. Two-hours cruises $33 - $40.
- Nauti-Cat Cruises, 614 E Front Street, 231-947-1730, . 1.5 to 3-hour cruises, including a kids' cruise, happy hour cruise and sunset champagne cruise. Rentals also available for waverunners, powerboats, paddle boats, escape sailboats, water trampolines, jetboats, single and double kayaks, hobie cat sailboats and pontoon boats. $15 - $35.
- Grand Traverse Gourmet Cruises, 231-947-2214, . Gourmet all-inclusive yacht charters on Northern Lake Michigan.
- Jon's Guide Service / Guided Fly Fishing 231-369-2997 “Fly Fishing in Michigan” Your in one of the best salmon, steelhead and trout areas in the Midwest as well as North America. Guided Fly fishing is a great way to see the area and sites as well as experience some great fly fishing. All equipment is provided and the experience is one always remembered. Fly Fishing Michigan
- Daydreamer Fishing Charters, 231-218-5176, . Offers 4-hour charter trips to East or West Grand Traverse Bays or Lake Michigan for salmon or lake trout. $300 - $400.
- TC Charters, 13240 S W Bayshore Drive, 231-947-2400, . Organizers of the Big Jon Invitational and the Grand Traverse Salmon Classic, held in early September.
- Prime Time Fishing Charters, 231-645-6005, . Salmon & Trout fishing charters from the port of Frankfort & the Grand Traverse Bays.
- Mt. Holiday Ski & Recreation Area, 3011 Holiday Road, 231-938-2500, . Open 4PM-9PM Tuesday through Friday, 10AM-9PM on Saturday, and 12PM-6PM on Sunday; closed Mondays. 12 ski runs. Rentals available. Lift tickets $7 - $33.
- Adventure Rentals, 4272 Scharmen Road, 231-263-3724, . Over 100 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. 2.5-hour 25-mile guided tours available. Rentals $145 - $280. Guided tours $250 - $350.
- The Crown, 2430 West Crown Drive, 231-946-2975, . 18-hole championship golf course and practice green. On-site Mulligan's Pub and Grill and golf shop. Customized group outings available. $14 - $59.
- Elmbrook Golf, 1750 Townline Road, 231-946-9180, . 18 holes, par 72. On-site The Brook lounge. $21 - $54.
- Highpointe Golf Club, 5555 Arnold Road in Williamsburg, 800-753-7888 or 231-267-9900, . $11 - $69.
- National Cherry Festival, 109 Sixth Street, 231-947-4230 or 800-968-3380, . Held during a week in early July since 1926, to celebrate and promote cherries, tourism and community involvement. Cherry cuisine tasting, cherry pit spitting contest, cherry pie eating, cherry pancake breakfast, cherry buffet lunch, cherry industry information, Cherryopoly tournament, golf contest, beach volleyball tournament, sand sculpture contest, skateboarding tournament, kiteboarding demonstration, races, air show, classic film showings, arts and crafts fair, games, swing dancing, ice cream social, area tours, parades and fireworks.
- Traverse City Film Festival, 227 E State Street, 231-392-1134 or 231-929-1506, . Held in late July and early August. Six full days of "just great" movies in three classic theatres, and nighttime classic movies free of charge shown on an inflatable outdoor screen overlooking the bay. $7 - $25 per film.
- Northwestern Michigan Fair, 3606 Blair Townhall Road, 231-943-4150, . Held in early August. Exhibits, animal shows, carnival, midway rides, harness racing, horse pulls, demo derby, llama and alpaca obstacle course, go-cart races, and more.
- Traverse City Record-Eagle, 120 W Front Street, 231-946-2000, . Daily morning newspaper.
- Grand Traverse Herald, 616-933-1412, . Weekly community newspaper.
- Northwestern Michigan College, 1701 E Front Street, 231-995-1135 or 800-748-0566, . A community college since 1951, offering associates degrees and professional certificates, as well as baccalaureate and graduate degrees from 10 partner universities.
- Celtic Rose, 140 E Front Street, 231-922-2550. Irish and Guinness-related merchandise.
- The Cherry Stop, 211 E Front Street, 231-929-3990 or 800-286-7209, . Premium Michigan dried cherries, cherry jams and preserves, tart cherry concentrate, condiments, cherry gifts, cherry gift boxes and baskets, bath and kitchen products, dried cherry recipes, CherryFlex, cherry capsules, nutraceuticals, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, cherry trail mixes and blends, and more.
- Folgarelli's Market & Wine Shop, 424 W Front Street, 231-941-7651, . Selling wines and specialty products since 1978.
- Holiday Traditions, 110 E Front Street, 231-941-3499, . Department 56, Village and Snowbaby merchandise, Midwest of Canon Falls ornaments, Fontanini and Old World, and Halloween accessories.
- Horizon Bookstore, 243 E Front Street, 231-946-7290 or 800-587-2147, . Open 7AM-11PM daily. Northwest lower Michigan's independent, family-owned bookstore since 1961.
- Direct Artwork at Grand Traverse Mall, 3200 S Airport Road W, 231-922-0823 or 1-888-932-2789, . Open 10AM-9PM Monday through Saturday, and 11AM-6PM on Sunday. Lowest priced framed artwork in Michigan, carrying oak framed art, folk/country/primitive art, sports art and photo memory mats.
- Grand Traverse Mall, 3200 S Airport Road W, 231-922-0077, . Open 10AM-9PM Monday through Saturday, and 11AM-6PM on Sunday. Over 100 shops and restaurants, movie theater with 9 screens.
- Horizon Outlet Center, 3639 Market Place Circle, 231-941-9211, . Open M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Over 20 outlet shops and a cinema.
Grand Traverse Pie Company fruit pies
- 310, 310 Cass Street, 231-932-1310, . Massive martini list and one of the largest selection of glass wines in Northern Michigan. Soups, salads, sandwiches, tapas, sushi, entrees. Try the spider roll and sweet potato fries. Tapas $5 - $15, sushi $8 - $15, entrees $17 - $28.
- Amical, 229 E Front Street, 231-941-8888, . Open Monday through Saturday from 11AM for lunch and 5 to 10PM for dinner, and Sunday 9AM-3PM for brunch. Eclectic European cuisine. Seasonal menu with dishes like chicken with poblano and mushrooms, fetuccine with pancetta and leeks, and pork with smoky peanut mole. $12 - $30.
- Apache Trout Grill, 13671 SW Bay Shore Drive, 231-947-7079. Salads, pasta, ribs and steak.
- Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe, 2030 S Airport Road, 231-941-8147.
- Big Eazy Fish Haus & Blues Co., 1796 Garfield Avenue, 231-929-9885. New Orleans cuisine. Live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday.
- Boathouse Restaurant, 14039 Peninsula Drive, 231-223-4030.
- Boones Long Lake Inn, 7208 Secor Road, 231-946-3991, . Open 4PM-1PM Monday through Thursday, 4PM-11PM Friday and Saturday, and 12PM-10PM on Sunday. Appetizers, side orders, poultry, pork, pasta, beef, broiled steaks, surf and turf, seafood.
- Bubba's Restaurant and Bar, 428 E Front Street, 231-995-0570, . Open M-Sa 11AM-12AM, Su 12PM-9PM. Appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, Tex-Mex, desserts. $6.50 - $16.
- Dill's Olde Towne Saloon, 423 S Union Street, 231-947-7534. Try their jalapeno poppers, hot wings and deep-fried mushrooms.
- Don's Drive-In, 2030 US-31 N, 231-938-1860. Open 10:30AM-11PM in the summer, and 10:30AM to 9PM in the winter. A 1958 drive-in diner serving soups, award-winning burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, fried appetizers, milkshakes and malts. There's a dining room and a picnic area, but why go to a drive-in if you're not going to eat in your car? Try the half-pound Big D burger and their fruit-laden cherry milkshakes. $3 - $12.
- Gabby's Bayside Bistro, 12930 SW Bay Shore Drive, 231-922-7795, . Northern Italian, Cajun and American cuisine.
- Grand Traverse Pie Company, 525 W Front Street, 231-922-7437, . Over 30 varieties of gourmet pie, including five varieties of cherry pie made with local cherries, and six varieties of Michigan apple pie. Baked goods, soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps and quiche. Be sure to try the popular Grand Traverse cherry cobbler pie. $4 - $6.
- Hanna, 118 Cass Street, 231-946-8207. Bistro with an emphasis on fish and seafood.
- Mabel's Restaurant, 472 Munson Avenue, 231-947-0252. Try their excellent breakfasts.
- Mode's Bum Steer, 125 E State Street, 231-947-9832. Locals say it's the best steakhouse in town.
- Old Mission Tavern, 17015 Center Road, 231-223-7280. Prime Rib night every Friday.
- Pâtisserie Amie, 439 Front Street, 231-922-9645. French bistro and bakery. Try their mochas, salmon crêpes, pissaladière, coq au vin, steak frites and pear-almond tartlets.
- Red Mesa Grill, 1544 US-31 N, . Open 11 am to 11 pm Monday through Saturday, and 11 am to 10 pm on Sunday. Very popular Mexican restaurant. Appetizers, soups and salads, tacos and tostadas, Mexican specialties, desserts. Great selection of vegetarian choices and an extensive tequila list as well. $5 - $18.
- Roma, 830 E Front Street, 231-946-6710. Italian cuisine. Pasta, pizza, meats and seafood. Try their gnocchi and chicken scallopini.
- Scott's Harbor Grill, 12719 SW Bay Shore Drive, 231-922-2114, . Waterfront dining, specializing in seafood and ribs. Appetizers, flatbreads, salads, tacos al carbon, seafood plates, grilled specialties, desserts.
- Sleder's Family Tavern, 717 Randolph Street, 231-947-9213, . Open 11 am to 11 pm Monday through Thursday, 11 am to 12 am Friday and Saturday, and 12 pm to 9 pm on Sunday. One of Michigan's oldest saloons, with its original tin ceiling. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees and Mexican dishes. $7 - $17.
- Taqueria Margarita, 1319 W S Airport Road, 231-935-3712. Authentic Oaxacan cuisine, including tamales, tacos and barbacoa.
- Trattoria Stella, 1200 W 11th Street, unit 1 suite 1, 231-929-8989, . Open M-Th 11:30AM to 9PM, F,Sa 11:30AM-11PM, and Su 4PM-9PM. Featuring the best ingredients sourced from local farms. Wine bar and wine classes available. Antipasti, cheese plates, salads, pasta and meats. $7 - $32.
Our wineries are scattered throughout two areas - The Old Mission Peninsula North of Traverse City, and on the Leelanau Peninsula Northwest of Traverse City. We are situated on the 45th parallel which provides excellent climate conditions for growing wine grapes. Tasting room tours are popular diversions on both peninsulas any time of the year and are a great way to explore the territory.
Château Grand Traverse cherry wines
The five wineries in the Traverse City area are all located about halfway up the Old Mission Peninsula, just north of the city via US-31.
- Bowers Harbor Vineyards, 2896 Bowers Harbor Road, 800-616-7615, . Open M-Sa 10:30AM-6PM, Su 12PM-6PM. 21 white, rose, red, sparkling and fruit wines, including spiced cherry and Cherritage, made from Old Mission Peninsula cherries.
- Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery, 3309 Blue Water Road, 231-223-9303, . Open M-Sa 11AM-6PM, Su 12PM-6PM, May through October; and, 12PM-5PM daily November through April. 12 dry white, dry red and sweet wines.
- Chateau Chantal, 15900 Rue de Vin, 231-223-4110, . Open daily, year round; hours vary by season. Award-winning wines, occasional ice wine, and eau de vie. Tapas tours and cooking classes available.
- Chateau Grand Traverse, 12239 Center Road, 231-223-7355, . 28 Riesling, Chardonnay, specialty red and white wines, and fruit wines. Try the cherry wine sangria and the spiced cherry wine.
- Peninsula Cellars, 11480 Center Road, 231-933-9787, . Open M-Sa 10AM-6PM, May through October; and F-Su 12PM-5PM, November through April. 18 red, white, fruit and dessert wines.
- Mackinaw Brewing Co., 161 Front Street, 231-933-1100. Local brewery specializing in burgers, steaks, ribs and seafood. House-smoked meats and several beers.
- North Peak Brewing Co., 400 W Front Street, 231-941-7325. Burgers, sandwiches, wood-fired pizzas, seafood. Outdoor patio with live entertainment. Try their Black and Blue burger.
Bars and Nightclubs
- Firefly, 310 Cass Street, 231-932-1310, . Local and international beers and wines. Five televisions, one fish tank.
- Streeters, 1669 S Garfield Avenue, 231-932-1300, . Open 4 pm to 2 am Tuesday through Saturday, and 4 pm to 1 am on Sunday; closed Mondays. Voted "Best Place to Dance" in Traverse City. Live music, intelligent light show, nationally recognized sound system. On-site Streeters Grille and Bar, Liquid Lounge and billiards room.
Traverse City's "Motel Mile" is along US-31 between 3 Mile Road and 4 Mile Road, although you'll find lots of places to stay at just about any point along the waterfront, from downtown continuing east to 5 Mile Road.
- Americ Inn Motel and Suites, 1614 N US-31 N, 231-938-0288. 48 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $45 - $165.
- Anchor Inn on the Bay, 12068 S West Bay Shore Drive, 231-946-7442, . 6 motel rooms, 8 cottages. Motel $35 - $132, cottages $75 - $228.
- Best Western Four Seasons Motel, 305 Munson Avenue, 231-946-8424 or 800-823-7844, . 74 rooms. Indoor heated pool, hot tub, game room. Complimentary expanded continental breakfast. Hot tub loft rooms available. $39 - $235.
- Days Inn, 420 Munson Avenue #2, 231-941-0208 or 231-941-7521. 182 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $45 - $179.
- Economy Inn, 1600 N US-31 N, 231-938-2080. 10 rooms. $33 - $65.
- Fairfield Inn, 3701 N Country Lane, 231-922-7900. 85 rooms. Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool rooms available. $44 - $179.
- Grand Traverse Motel, 1010 E Front Street, 231-947-9410.
- Heritage Inn, 417 Munson Avenue, 231-947-9520 or 800-968-0105, . 39 rooms. 20 rooms include heart-shaped spas. Exercise room, video arcade game room. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. $39 - $94.
- Mitchell Creek Inn, 894 Munson Avenue, 231-947-9330, . 15 rooms; 9 singles (no telephone), 4 doubles (with kitchenettes) and 2 cottages. Open May through October. Standard rooms $39 - $89, kitchenette rooms $59 - $109, cottages $69 - $139.
- Motel 6, 1582 US-31 N, 231-938-3002. 45 rooms. Average price $44.
- Pine Crest Motel, 360 Munson Avenue, 231-947-8900 or 800-223-4433. 35 rooms. Heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, spa, exercise room. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool rooms available.
- Restwood Motel, 1566 N US-31 N, 231-938-1130, . 15 rooms. Pool, waterslide.
- Sands Motel, 1465 N US-31 N, 231-946-6930 or 800-946-6930, . 21 rooms. Private beach and boardwalk. Complimentary deluxe breakfast bar.
- Super 8 Motel, 1870 N US-31 N, 231-938-1887. 66 rooms. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $45 - $121.
- Travelodge, 704 Munson Avenue, 734-922-9111. 78 rooms. Outdoor pool, hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $32 - $200.
- Traverse Bay Inn, 2300 N US-31 N, 231-938-2646, . 24 1- and 2-bedroom suites. Fireplace and jacuzzi suites available. Heated pool, outdoor whirlpool. $39 - $199.
- Whiting Hotel, 152 E Front Street, 231-947-6360.
- Cedar Run River Home  Traverse City. 6 Bedroom, 3 bath home on Cedar Run River. Sleeps 18. $350
- Beach House of Traverse City, 444 W. Silver Lake Rd. N., 231-357-4870.  3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home on sandy Silver Lake. $250.
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 2326 US-31 S, 231-933-4454. 119 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $51 - $295.
- Bayshore Resort, 833 E Front Street, 231-935-4400 or 800-634-4401, . 120 rooms. Indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness room, game room. Complimentary breakfast and newspaper. Spa and fireplace suites available. Peak season $93 - $355, off-season $70 - $305.
- Beach Haus Resort, 1489 N US-31 N, 231-947-3560. Beachfront rooms, spa rooms available. $55 - $65.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 3615 S Airport Road W, 231-929-1800. 83 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub. On-site Courtyard Cafe. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $54 - $151.
- Downtown TC Riverhouse, Traverse City Riverfront Vacation Rentals and Bed & Breakfast, 224 Washington St, 231-883-9299, . Location, Location, walk to everything, 1-7 Bedrooms, 4 baths fully flexible rates based on occupancy from 1-16 people.
- Econo Lodge, 1065 M-37 S, 231-943-3040. 47 rooms. Indoor heated pool, hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $55 - $160.
- Grand Beach Resort Hotel, 1683 N US-31 N, 231-938-4455 or 800-968-1992, . 97 rooms. Private balconies, indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $59 - $109.
- Hampton Inn, 1000 N US-31 N, 231-946-8900. 125 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $69 - $169.
- Holiday Inn West Bay, 615 E Front Street, 231-947-3700 or 800-888-8020, . 179 rooms. Jacuzzi rooms available. Indoor and outdoor pool. Two on-site restaurants (CW's Blue Water Bistro and Wingers Sports Bar) and nightclub (Shimmers Nightclub). $59 - $154.
- Main Street Inn, 618 E Front Street, 231-929-3592. Average price $74.
- Park Place Hotel, 300 E State Street, 231-946-5000, . 140 rooms. Indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room. $79 - $229.
- Parkshore Resort, 1401 N US-31 N, 231-947-3800 or 877-349-8898, . Indoor heated pool, exercise room, deluxe continental breakfast. On-site cocktail lounge. Whirlpool, fireplace and kitchenette suites available. $50 - $300.
- Quality Inn, 1492 N US-31 N, 231-929-4423 or 877-329-1538, . 96 rooms. Indoor pool and hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $50 - $190.
- Sierra Motel, 230 Munson Avenue, 231-946-7720. $75 - $100.
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel, 1773 N US-31 N, 231-938-0100 or 800-509-1995, . 83 rooms. Private balconies, heated indoor swimming pool, heated indoor spa, game room. $54 - $198.
- Traverse Bay Lodge, 460 Munson Avenue, 231-947-5436 or 800-325-3386 or 800-968-2646, . 61 rooms. 24-hour indoor pool and spa, game room. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Jacuzzi rooms available. $49 - $209.
- Traverse Victorian Inn, 461 Munson Avenue, 231-947-5525 or 800-506-5525, . Gas log fireplace and double-headed showers. Indoor heated pool with adjoining spa. Spa rooms available. $60 - $112.
- Cedar Lake Lodge, 3704 Avery Trail, 231-632-0833 . Open Year Round. On Cedar Lake. 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath new home with cedar tongue and groove through out most of home. Free pontoon boat, water trampoline, kayaks, pool table, PS2, boat dock, swing set, sand box, fir pit, paddle boat, fire place and games. Check for availability  Price $225-$400
- Cherry Tree Inn on the Beach, 2345 N US-31 N, 231-938-8888, . 78 rooms. Suites, whirlpool suites, fireplace suites and 2-bedroom apartments available. Balconies, Playstation 2, bathroom television, heated indoor pool, complimentary continental breakfast. Average price $139.
- Gold Coast Inn, 4612 N US-31 N, 231-938-2538 or 800-939-2538, . Guest spa rooms overlooking the bay. 2-person spa, 2-person shower, gas log fireplace. Average price $198.
- Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, 100 Grand Traverse Village Boulevard in Acme, 231-534-6000 or 800-236-1577, . 238 hotel rooms, 186 tower rooms, and 190 condominiums. Named among the Top 50 travel destinations by Condé Nast Traveler, and a Golf Magazine Silver Medal Resort. Three world-class golf courses, full-service spa, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, beach club, gallery of shops, six on-site restaurants and lounges. $201 - $275.
- Inn at Bay Harbor, a Marriott Renaissance resort, 3600 Village Harbor Dr., Bay Harbor. Direct 231-439-4000 or 800-462-6963. Named one of America's greatest resorts. Enjoy the championship golf course and five miles of beach coastline at the this one of a kind world class resort.
- Great Wolf Lodge, 3575 N US-31 S, 231-941-3600 or 866-GR8-WOLF (9653), . 281 suites. 51,000-square-foot indoor entertainent area, waterpark, arcade, children's craft and activity room, spa, fitness room and outdoor pool. Two on-site restaurants, the Loose Moose Cottage and the Camp Critter Bar and Grille. $199 - $309.
- Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa, . Part of the Boyne collection of resorts. European styled world class resort. Hotel is slope side. 800-GO-BOYNE.
- North Shore Inn, 2305 N US-31 N, 231-938-2365. Average price $159.
- Peninsula Bay Resort Condominiums, 1941 N US-31 N, 231-922-2200, . Vacation rentals managed by Northern Shores Vacation Rentals, LLC. 7 luxury suites to choose from. All suites are 2 bedroom - 2 bathrooms. Resort enjoys an outside-bayside pool with hot tub & 330ft of private East Bay shoreline along the "miracle mile." Suites are a must see... Rates are weekly during summer from $2,200 - 3,000/week.
- Pinestead Reef Resort, 1265 N US-31 N #2, 231-947-4010 or 800-968-1302, . Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom units. Indoor heated pool, whirpool, sauna, exercise room, game room. $99 - $269.
- Pointes North Inn, 2211 N US-31 N, 231-938-9191 or 800-968-3422, . 52 rooms. Bayside rooms, jacuzzi whirlpool, heated bayside pool. Peak season $99 - $279, off-season $79 - $179.
- Tamarack Lodge, 2035 US-31 N at Four Mile Road, 877-938-9744 ext 2006, . 1- to 3-bedroom residences equipped with gourmet kitchens, jetted tubs, gas fireplaces, and private decks overlooking the lake. Indoor pool, children's play area, arcade. $125 - $450.
Bed and Breakfasts
- Antiquities' Wellington Inn, 230 Wellington Street. 9 rooms, 2 2-bedroom carriage house apartments. Restored 1905 mansion with period furnishings. Average price $222.
- Bowers Harbor Bed and Breakfast, 13972 Peninsula Drive. 3 rooms. Average price $97.
- Cedar Creek Bed and Breakfast, 7651 East Timberwoods.
- Chateau Chantal Bed and Breakfast, 15900 Rue de Vin. 3 rooms. Average price $247.
- Cherry Knoll Farm, 2856 Hammond Road E. 5 rooms. Average price $62.
- Downtown TC Riverhouse, Traverse City Riverfront Vacation Rentals and Bed & Breakfast, 224 Washington St, 231-883-9299, . Location, Location, walk to everything, 1-7 Bedrooms, 4 baths fully flexible rates based on occupancy from 1-16 people.
- Field of Dreams Bed and Breakfast, 15627 Center Road. 3 rooms.
- Grey Hare Inn Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, W Carroll Road, 231-947-2214 or 800-873-0652, . 3 rooms. Gourmet Northern Michigan fusion with Tuscan/Provence breakfasts. Working farm and vineyard with U-Pick grapes. Boat and breakfast available. $125 - $195.
- The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse, 12301 Center Road. 6 rooms. Average price $132.
- Petals and Pines Bed and Breakfast, 19963 Center Road. 3 rooms. Average price $187.
- Warwickshire Inn Bed and Breakfast, 5037 Barney Rd. 3 rooms. Average price $80
- Wind in the Pines Bed & Breakfast, 13573 S. Gallagher Rd. 3 rooms. Average price $150.
Cottages and Condos
- Island View Cottages, 853 E Front Street, 231-947-2863, . 3 cabins. Open from early May to November 1st. Completely furnished with kitchenettes, outdoor grills, shuffleboard and basketball courts, and beach play center.
- Shoestring Resort, 2960 Arbutus Hill Road, 231-946-9227, . 4 cottages. $300 - $350 per week.
- The Beach Condominiums, 1995 US-31 N, 800-778-2228, . 30 rooms. Heated outdoor pool, hot tub. Full kitchens, sundecks, beachfront. Whirlpool rooms available. $99 (nightly) - $1400 (5-day).
- Traverse City Michigan Vacation Rental Home, 231-223-8441, . Private 4 BR 2 BA Beachfront Home with Direct Private Beach & SUNSETS on Grand Traverse Bay $395.00 - $440.00 per night.
- Petoskey is about 1.5 hours north on US-31.
- Manistee is about 1.5 hours south on US-31.
|This is a guide article. It has a variety of good, quality information including hotels, restaurants, attractions, arrival and departure info. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!