Trapani  is a medium-sized city near the North-West corner of Sicily, Italy.
Frequent trains run from Palermo, with a few stopping at Segesta. Local trains also run to Marsala, Mazara del Vallo and Castelvetrano (for the ruins of Selinunte).
Frequent buses run from Palermo. Less frequently they go to Marsala, Mazara del Vallo, Castelvetrano (for the ruins of Selinunte), Sciacca, Agrigento and Segesta.
Trapani is the port for frequent boats and hydrofoils to Egadi Islands. Nightly boats (and hydrofoils in summer) also run to Pantelleria, with weekly (or so) ones to Tunis. See SIREMAR  and Ustica Lines 
Trapani has a small airport (TPS). The airport is served by Ryanair, Meridiana and Air One. Meridiana fly to the island of Pantelleria, Air One (Lufthansa) to Rome. Ryanair operate low cost routes direct to Trapani from Malta, Italy, France, Brussels, Holland, Germany, Austria, Poland, the UK, Ireland, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden and Finland. Four Ryanair B737-800s are based in Trapani, meaning delays are shorter than average due to aircraft being based on site.
As of May 2010 the following routes were served by Ryanair. Trapani [TPS] to/from:
Bari [BRI] - Bologna [BLQ] - Brindisi [BDS] - Cagliari [CAG] - Genova [GOA] - Milan (Bergamo) [BGY] - Pisa [PSA] - Rome (Ciampino) [CIA] - Turin [TRN] - Trieste [TRS] - Venice (Treviso) [TSF] - Paris (Beauvais) [BVA] - Brussels (Charleroi) [CRL] - Eindhoven [EIN] - Maastricht [MST] - Luqa [MLA] - Bremen (Summer) [BRE] - Düsseldorf (Weeze) [NRN] - Frankfurt-Hahn [HHN] - Karlsruhe-Baden [FKB] - Memmingen (Munich West) [FMM] - Bratislava (Vienna) [BTS] - Krakow [KRK] London Stansted [STN] - London Luton [LTN] - Liverpool [LPL] - Dublin [DUB] - Girona (Barcelona) [GRO] - Ibiza [IBZ] - Madrid [MAD] - Valencia [VLC] - Billund [BLL] - Sandefjord (Oslo/Torp) [TRF] - Gothenburg City [GSE] - Stockholm [NYO] - Tampere [TMP]
TPS airport is about 15km from the center of Trapani. There's a local bus ('AST') that costs about EUR2, leaves every 45 minutes and takes about 40 minutes .
Sometimes Ryanair attendants propose you to buy tickets for the bus on the flight. Don't even think of it — it’s much more expensive and inconvenient than AST buses.
Trapani is small enough to walk around. Buses pass the ferry port and the adjacent bus station and railway station are on the edge of the city centre.
- The magnificent Basilica-Sanctuary of Maria Santissima Annunziata (also called Madonna di Tràpani) originally built in 1315-1332 and rebuilt in 1760. It houses a marble statue of the Madonna of Tràpani, which might be the work of Nino Pisano
- The Baroque Palazzo della Giudecca 'or Casa Ciambra
- The Fontana del Tritone (Triton's Fountain)
- The Baroque Palazzo della Giudecca or Casa Ciambra
- The Cathedral (1635)
- The fine buildings on the main Corso Vittorio Emanuele
- Enjoy the bustle of the port. See the Italians shouting and gesticulating as they load the large ferries to Tunis
The city is renowned for its Easter procession, I Misteri, when the town's guilds parade a groups of sculpted 17th century and 18th century religious statues through the streets in a procession lasting for 16 hours on Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
- Scuola Virgilio, Via Garibaldi, 91100 Trapani, . Italian Language School: year-round Italian language classes, summer intensive group courses, Italian/Sicilian cookery lessons, excursions.
- Lido San Giuliano beaches (Trapani's Main beach), Lungomare, Trapani (1km North of the City Centre), . Trapani has two main beach areas. Marausa Lido and Lido San Giuliano. San Giuliano lies about 20 minutes walk from the busy city centre and many of the rental apartments. It features a couple of bars, changing rooms, sun-loungers, umbrellas and lifeguard service. Parking is Pay & Display during peak months alongside the main road.
- Marausa Lido beaches (Trapani's largest beach resort), Marausa Lido, Marausa (9km South of City Centre), . The other main beach resort is Marausa Lido about 9km south of Trapani and home to about 300 holiday homes, villas and apartments (some of which are rented out to tourists). There are restaurants, bars, supermarkets and bike hire shops - not to mention approximately 2.5km of free sandy beaches and free parking. There are some small sections of pay-to-use beach operated by two lido-bars who provide changing rooms, loungers, umbrellas, lifeguards, disco and children's play equipment.
- Festilandia Parco Giochi per Bambini (Children's Adventure Playground), Via Guttuso, 10, Paceco, Trapani (Siamo a solo 40m da SS115 (Via Drago di Ferro) in Via Guttuso), ☎ 0923.1870456, . Children's Adventure Playground for birthday parties and special events. Parco giochi avventura per bambini per feste di compleanno ed eventi speciali.
- Museo di Preistoria e del Mare (Museum of Prehistory & the Sea), Torre di Ligny, via Torre di Ligny (The lighthouse that sits out on the spit in the old part of town), ☎ 0923.547922, . The museum is sited inside the seventeenth-century Tower of Ligny. The museum has two sections: the preserved prehistoric artifacts from the territory of Trapani (archaeological section) and objects discovered in the seabed: amphorae, anchors, ornaments of ancient Greek, Roman and Punic (sea section). The most significant piece is a helmet shell, dating from the first Punic War (241 BC). Visitors are also allowed out on the roof to enjoy the stunning views and splendid panorama of the Gulf of Trapani, overlooked by Mount Erice.
- Museo del Sale (The Salt Museum), Via Chiusa Nubia - 91027 Paceco - TRAPANI, ☎ 0923.867142, . A fully working salt pan and mill until the 1964 floods, the Museo Ristorante "Trattoria del Sale" is a semi-working museum that informs visitors about the age old Trapani tradition of salt production and refining. Preserved equipment and exhibitions depict how the job was done before the arrival of modern machinery. Attached is a small restaurant that makes use of the salt in its recepies.
- Bed & Breakfast Delle Palme (Bed & Breakfast delle Palme), Via Luigi Capuana, 28, ☎ +39 347 6089271, . In a residential area of Trapani, a 5-minute drive from the center of the city and the sea. It offers free Wi-Fi, free bicycles, and rooms with a balcony. Each room is classically furnished, with tiled floors and wooden furniture. All rooms feature air conditioning and a private bathroom. Breakfast is a generous buffet. min 25 - max 80. (38.014329,12.538822)
Buy a Jimmy for eur 4!
- Alessandro Luppino, . Spacious apartment, four beds, one big double bedroom and one very big double bedroom/living room (single beds, but they can be linked together to make doubles). The apartment is on the first floor in elegant hundred year old building, with 5 m (17ft) high ceilings, new furniture, air conditioning, balconies, new fitted kitchen with marble work tops and cooking facilities. This apartment is in excellent condition and has been restored to highest of standards. Only ten minutes walk to the sea, beaches, bars and restaurants. Fantastic location for airport transfers and the stunning islands of the Egadi archipelago. Car available for rent at € 25 a day. PLEASE ENQUIRY FOR A QUOTE, THE PRICE SHOWN IS INDICATIVE. $500 a week.
- Calvino, Via N.Nasi, +39 0923 21464. Excellent pizza - you'll have to come early or book ahead if you want to eat in. The locals flock here for take-aways. 
- Da Salvator Via N.Nasi. Fairly good, cheap food.
- "Trattoria Ai Solito Posto" Via Orlandini 30, A fantastic Trattoria serving traditional Trapanese cuisine. Comes highly recommended in the Slow Food guide to Italy. The spaghetti with sea urchins (ricci) and timballo of sardines are incredible. http://www.trattoria-alsolitoposto.com/chisiamo.html
- Maccotta, Via del Argentieri (+39) 0923 23348. Attractive, clean and cheap at €30.
- Camere Enny Guest House Alcamo – Contrada San Gaetano, 16, Exit Alcamo Est - 91011 Alcamo (Trapani) Italy . Telephone +39 0924 501983 • Fax +39 0924 1916046. The Camere Enny is a Sicilian guest house located in the town of Alcamo, in the province of Trapani, on the Bay of Castellamare, 44 miles away from Palermo. The 13 bedrooms of the Camere Enny can host up to five people. Available the private bath with the Hydro massage shower; plus the restaurant, wi-fi connection and private parking. Double Euros 79. Single 39.
- Crystal Hotel,  Piazza Umberto I, 91100, Tel. + 39 0923 20000, Fax: + 39 0923 25555. The hotel is a modern design and is in the city centre, next to the central station on the main road.
- Appartamenti Torri sul Mare, Via Silva, 3, ☎ +3909231941513, . From €30 per person.
- casaKalos, Largo San Domenico, 8 (91100 Trapani), . Superb brand new apartments in the heart of Trapani historical town. Sandy beach 150m. Ideal for relaxing beach holiday and a perfect headquarter for excursions in the wonderful surroundings.
- Case Colomba, 183 Toselli street (trapani), ☎ +390923852729, . Case Colomba - Buseto Palizzolo The house, which dates from the end of the nineteenth, is a old rustic style situated near Trapani.The geographical location makes it an ideal starting point for daytrips to numerous places. Italy Ecolabel Award 2006 for environment. 35-50.
- Relais Angimbé Segesta – Viale le Colombo, 175 - Cap: 91013, Calatafimi-Segesta (TP), Italy. . Telephone +39 0924 530120 • Fax +39 0924 530112. The Relais Angimbé is an elegant and relaxing four star hotel located on northern coast of Sicily, 41 km away from Trapani and 76 from Palermo, with its own restaurant and wine tavern, and 15 bedrooms and suites. Also available a large conference centre. Double standard €89, Superior 109.
- I Colori del Vento B&B, Viale Regina Elena 62 (Trapani - centre), ☎ +39 347 250 46 30, . checkin: 24 hours; checkout: 10.00 A.M. Romantic B&B with an amazing seaview in the historic centre of Trapani.
- Novecento B&B, Via Conte A. Pepoli, 80, ☎ (+39)3406264834, . checkin: 8:30AM - 1PM and 8PM - 12:25AM; checkout: 10AM. True B&B: the owner lives in the house and a full vegetarian breakfast is served on our terrace - Free bicycles - Free H24 internet access. In Trapani, the Western point of Sicily lays an oasis of sustainable tourism. from € 15,00 p.p..
- Villa Anna, 250m from the sea, Marausa Lido (Trapani 9km, Trapani Airport 5km), ☎ +44 7980 575998, . A delightful privately owned 4 bedroom villa within 250m of the sandy beaches in quiet Marausa Lido, just 9km from the centre of Trapani, sleeps 2 - 10 people. Restaurants and bars within easy walking distance of the house. From €14 pppn.
- Erice is well worth a visit. Regular buses go to this nearby precipitous hilltop town, but the best way to get there is by the new cable-car. Wander around and soak in the atmosphere.
- The Egadi islands (Favignana, Levanzo e Marettimo) are very close and well worth a visit, with their wonderful beaches and bays.
- San Vito Lo Capo is a wonderful beach 40 km from Trapani, with white sand and crystal blue sea.
- Visit the Greek temple, theatre, and ruins at Segesta on a day trip, or en-route to Palermo.
- The beaches of Scopello are not to be missed (featured at the end of the movie Ocean's Twelve).
- The long sandy beaches of lido di Marausa  and Trapani are within 9km and 1km of the town. There is a salt museum in Nubia on the way to Marausa, detailing the history of the salt pans in the area, and Trapani's important position on the 'Salt Road'.