| || |
Go Transit runs commuter trains
to Kipling Station, Mimico and Long Branch. |+|
Go Transit runs commuter trains Kipling, Mimicoand Long Branch.
| || |
== See ==
== See ==
Revision as of 01:58, 8 May 2009
West Toronto is an area of Toronto.
- Bloor West Village - Little Ukraine - running from Jane to High Park.
- Parkdale - This neighbourhood extends along Queen Street between Dufferin St and Roncesvalles Ave. Formerly known as a rough neighbourhood and centre of the city's crack trade, it is now in transition due to hipsterification creeping westward from Queen street.
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- Little Poland - an eastern European enclave centered on Roncevalles Ave. south of Dundas St. West.
- West Queen West - A little more offbeat than its neighbour to the east, this stretch of Queen contains an enormous concentration of galleries and also holds one of the city's best parks and one of very few in the centre of the city.
The Bloor-Danforth Subway Line serves High Park with Keele and High Park stations, Bloor West Village with Runnymede and Jane stations and Etobicoke with Old Mill, Royal York, Islington and Kipling stations; all of these stations are on Bloor Street.
Dundas West station is a major interconnection point, with streetcar lines running south to various neighbourhoods, and a 200 meter walk to the Go Transit train station of the same name.
The 504 King route runs along King Street, through Parkdale's southern edge, and north through Roncesvalles Village to the Dundas West subway station.
The 505 Dundas route serves Little Portugal / Little Brazil and connects to the Dundas West subway station.
The 501 Queen route runs along Queen Street, through Parkdale, and onward along the Queensway and Lakeshore Boulevard West to the villages of Mimico and Long Branch.
Go Transit operates a service primarily aimed at commuters, with all its train lines travelling radially out of Union Station in downtown Toronto. It is a good choice if you want to travel to Union station, or towards one of the outlying suburbs.
Go Transit runs commuter trains on three train lines through West Toronto: the Georgetown line has stops at Bloor (near Dundas West TTC), Weston, and Etobicoke North; the Milton line, which has service in one direction each during morning and evening commtes, stops at Kipling; and the Lakeshore West line stops at Exhibition, Mimico, and Long Branch.
Go to Sheridan College, Brampton
- Toronto Marriott Airport Hotel (complimentary airport shuttle) . 901 Dixon Road, Phone: 1-416-674-9400, Toll-free: 1-800-905-2811. The Toronto Airport Marriott hotel is minutes from Pearson International Airport, downtown Toronto, Brampton and Mississauga offering complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool and fitness facilities, a business centre and featuring Bistro East by West. Rates from $125 CAD/night.
- Renaissance Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre (complimentary airport shuttle) . 901 Dixon Road, Phone: 1-416-675-6100, Toll-free: 1-800-668-1444. Located near Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, The Renaissance Toronto Airport Hotel offers meeting space on one level with natural light and complimentary high speed internet in all guestrooms, lobby and Olio, A Mediterranean Grille. Rates from $129 CAD/night.