Tien Giang Province
Tien Giang is located north of the Mekong Delta, adjacent to the Tien River. It is bordered on the north by Long An; on the south by Vinh Long and Ben Tre; on the east by Ho Chi Minh; on the west by Dong Thap.
Tien Giang is one of delta's provinces which has 3 separately regions: fruit region next to Tien river, Dong Thap Muoi region and Go Cong coastal region. Tien Giang has 32km beach which yearly provides a huge amounts of fishes and sea products. Tien Giang is one of the regions in Mekong Delta that provides a lot of rice. Also, it is a place that has a lot of famous fruits such as Trung Luong peach, Vinh Kim star apple, Hoa Loc mango, Cai Be guava, Cho Gao green dragon,....
Tien Giang is well known as an area of rich potentiality in the Mekong Delta. Tien Giang plays its role as a center for agricultural projects for Ho Chi Minh city. Tien Giang is planned to develop high-tech industry, general industry, ship building industry, agricultural industry like mechanical, biological, fertilizer-producing, building material producing industry.
Since Tien Giang is one of the leading food crop suppliers in the Mekong Delta and in the Economic Zone of the South, it is now looking forward to developing a pilot center of seeds and young plants. The center will serve as a base for expanding models of high-tech farming to the whole area of the Mekong Delta.
Tien Giang Province has one city, one town and 8 districts.
- Vinh Long: Vinh Long has many pagodas, communal houses. Coming to there, visitors have chance to walk among the trees, relax in hammocks, try all kinds of delicious tropical fruits in the gardens of An Binh and Binh Hoa Phuoc islands.
- Ben Tre: There are agriculture productions such as rice, corn, pineapple, custard-apple, star apple, durian, mango, longan, and many more. Industrial trees are tobacco, sugar-cane, and cotton. Especially, Ben Tre is homeland of coconut.
- Tra Vinh: Surrounded by Tien and Hau rives and long coast, Tra Vinh's economy base on agriculture, aquaculture, fish and shrimp breeding. The province is covered by verdant plants in garden village along bank of river.
- Dong Thap: The province has potentiality of short day crops (sugar cane, cotton, tobacco, soil bean, and other fruit plants with the popular names of Cao Lanh mango, Chau Thanh longan, Lai Vung mandarin, Phong Hoa grape fruit. Tourists can admire the vast lotus and bonsai in Sa Dec Flower Garden. A forest of flowers of all colors and aroma are always available here.
- Long An: Visitors are attracted to Long An by value of Oc Eo culture that develops on the Mekong Delta. Beside this, Long An preserves valuable sites including House with Hundred Columns, Rach Coc Fort, Ton Thanh Pagoda.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Ho Chi Minh City is the big tourism center in Vietnam, attracting a large of visitors to Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City has various attractions as Ho Chi Minh Museum, formerly known as Dragon House Wharf, Cu Chi Tunnels, system of museums, theatres, cultural houses... Recently, many tourist areas are invested such as Thanh Da, Binh Quoi Village, Dam Sen Park, Saigon Water Park, Suoi Tien, Ky Hoa..., which draw numerous tourists
- Soc Trang: Soc Trang is covered by vast rice paddies, shrimp lagoons, luxuriant fruit gardens like longan, rambutan, durian, and orange. Coming to there, tourists like to taste tropical fruit in My Phuoc River Islet, or join many recreation and entertainment activities in Binh An Tourist Resort.
The main language in Tien Giang is Vietnamese. However, some people also can speak Chinese and English.
My Tho city is near Vinh Long and Ho Chi Minh city about 44 miles drive away, Can Tho about 64 miles drive away, Chau Doc about 111 miles drive away, Rach Gia about 113 miles drive away and Ha Tien about 169 miles drive away
The main road of Tien Giang is 1A national highway. The My Tho station is on Ap Bac street ( 2 miles from My Tho central city). From Ho Chi Minh city to Southern provinces, Mien Tay Bus station has a lot of lines to get to provinces such as Tien Giang, Vinh Long, Chau Doc, Ca mau, Tay Ninh, Can Tho, and so on.
From Tien Giang, you can go to Ho Chi Minh city or Phnom Penh by waterways.
Coming to Tien Giang, tourist can enjoy the ecotourism here. There are many things tourists can do in Tieng Giang:
- Cai Be float market: this is a main market system in the Mekong Delta. This market is placed on the Tien river which happened all day include night time. Tourist can find any kind of fruits at this market, and all of them are much cheaper. Along with the river, there are many gardens. Coming to Cai Be float market, tourist can enjoy the nature here. At night, junks light lanterns which make the river is vivid lively.
-Taking a trip along Tien river: Tourist can visit villages along the river and get to know the natives. In here, the natives have gardens with many kinds of fruits. Moreover, tourists can really have the feeling as a native person.
- Dong Tam Snake-Breeding Farm: Dong Tam is the center of snake breeding for taking venom for exportation, as well as medicinal plant cultivation and the study and treatment of snake-bites, for people in the Cuu Long River Delta. There are also crocodiles and other species of birds and animals on hand.
- Vinh Trang Pagoda: Location: Vinh Trang Pagoda is located in a large garden in My Phong Commune, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province. The architecture of the pagoda is a harmonious combination of Asian and European types of architecture, creating the splendid, but simple features of this Buddhist pagoda. Vinh Trang Pagoda is the greatest pagoda of Tien Giang Province.
Most of the hotels in the province are in My Tho city, such as:
- Tourist should be careful with the traffic while traveling because the amount of motorcycles are very huge.
- Tourist should be aware with the insects such as mosquito.
- Coming to Tien Giang, tourists will have memorable experiences here with the native people who is always friendly. Moreover, tourists will not able to forget this country with peaceful scenes and delicious foods and fruits.