The Dalles  is in city in Oregon situated in the Columbia Gorge about 85 miles east of Portland.
The Dalles is located at the intersection of Interstate 84 (which follows the Columbia River) and US Route 197 which heads south from the Dalles to meet US Route 97.
- Fort Dalles Museum. 500 West 15th and Garrison Streets in The Dalles. Winter Hours: November 1 thru March 15 Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10-5. 1850's Surgeon's Quarters from original Ft. Dalles houses exhibits: The Dalles as a River City, Celilo Falls: Native American Exhibit, 1890's Parlor, Ladies Bedroom from 1890's, Western Room: Saddles, Horseshoes, Cattle Brands and more. Two Vehicle Buildings housing early horse drawn vehicles and automobiles from The Dalles.
- The Dalles Dam. A hydroelectric dam, which produces enough electricity to serve a city the size of Seattle. Tour and Visitor's Center.
- Columbia Hills State Park, (On Washington State Route 14 at milepost 85, 9 miles west of Wishram, WA), . 06:30 h to dusk, April 1 - October 31. A Washington state park on the Columbia River's north bank, under Horsethief Butte. A short ways north-east of The Dalles. Previously known as Horsethief Falls State Park. edit
- Cliff Jumping
- Red Wagon, ☎ 1.541.296.0010. Place to buy some really cool stuff. edit
- Lines of Designs, 110 East Second St, The Dalles, ☎ 1-541-296-4470. Clothing That Fits! Made in USA and Made On Site edit
- Casa El Mirador A popular Mexican restaurant that is one of the best places in The Dalles to go for a meal or a refreshing drink at their bar.
- Motel 6, 2500 W 6th Street, ☎ +1 541 296-1191 (fax: +1 541 298-2455), . edit
- The Dalles Inn, 112 W 2nd Street, The Dalles, OR 97058, ☎ 541-296-9107, . checkin: 4:00 pm; checkout: 11:00 am. Wonderful hotel in the heart of the historic downtown district of The Dalles. $$. edit
|Routes through The Dalles