The Dalles  is in city in Oregon situated in the Columbia Gorge about 85 miles east of Portland.
The Dalles is located at the intersection of Interstate 84 (which follows the Columbia River) and US Route 197 which heads south from the Dalles to meet US Route 97.
- Fort Dalles Museum. Old military artifacts and medical equipment.
- The Dalles Dam. A hydroelectric dam, which produces enough electricity to serve a city the size of Seattle. Tour and Visitor's Center.
- Columbia Hills State Park, (On Washington State Route 14 at milepost 85, 9 miles west of Wishram, WA), . 06:30 h to dusk, April 1 - October 31. A Washington state park on the Columbia River's north bank, under Horsethief Butte. A short ways north-east of The Dalles. Previously known as Horsethief Falls State Park.
- Cliff Jumping
- Casa El Mirador It is an authentic Mexican restaurant that is one of the best places in The Dalles to go for a meal or a refreshing drink at their bar.
- Best Western River City Inn, 112 W 2nd Street, ☎ +1 541 296-9107 (toll free: +1 888 935-2378, fax: +1 541 296-3002), .
- Motel 6, 2500 W 6th Street, ☎ +1 541 296-1191 (fax: +1 541 298-2455), .